“Great fun” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 60 Activities in Kampala
More attraction details
Owner description: "Welcome to Kampala, Uganda! Are you ready to experience the city and the whole country like you never have before? Get ready for an adventure!" Get the A-Z about Kampala and the rest of Uganda in a unique and entertaining way including: the history, the tribes, the languages, the seven hills and answers to all your other questions.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The city tour is a great way to start getting to know Kampala - it's safe, it's fun and Walter and his team make for great company. Very customisable (I opted out of looking at Idi Amin's torture chambers) and can take anywhere between 1-5 hours depending on your interests.

Visited December 2013

“fantastic, experienced and gifted boda and van driver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

What afantastic exhilerating way
to get to know Kampala nad Uganda? Walter's
Boda Boda tours LTD made my four days
in Kampala/Uganda the best possible, and
there is no better way to feel part
of such a vibrant city than on the
back of one of the millions and millions Boda
Boda's hurtling through the streets of kampala.
Was so glad to have the chance to
walk through streets and markets I
would never have gotten to on my
own.
Amon also was an absolute star in
giving me a great 3 days outside of
the city in my limited time. I
made it up to Lake Mburo National Park had a wonderful
boat ride over the waters of the hippos in a scary moments at first but later no more scary hiked up to the top of the highest penisura.Uganda is such a
wonderful country, I am
determined to make it back, and
will be relying on Walter's tours LTD(with Amon the expert driver ,rider and guide as well) to show
me some more of the sights when I
have more time.thanks to Walter's management keep the service for the rest!

Visited June 2013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“A good way to see the city in a day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We took a boda boda each (helmets incl) and got a guided tour around the sights of Kampala. We paid USh75,000 each and would recommend this as a way if seeing the city if you are interested in learning the history and development of the city over the last two centuries and have just a day to spare. Grade A-

Seoul, South Korea
32 attraction reviews
“Good way to check out Kampala..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I did Walter's Boda Boda tour back in March.. I only had one day to stay in Kampala, and his tour seemed ideal way to look around the city. It wasn't a private tour, and we have a group of about 10 people. It was only downside, as having many people transport from one place to the other on boda bodas seem to get little bit disoriented. But the tour itself was informative and nice. Walter was very sincere man, and seemed very serious about his business. You know obviously there isn't really western style of tours developed in most parts in Africa, but he seems to have good understanding of what the tourists would want and like in their tours. Some downsides were that I didn't get to see everything I wanted to see and visit, but I guess it's all due to it being a group tour. I think private tour would be much nicer if you could afford it, and it is an affordable tour. I know riding boda-bodas could make you a little bit nervous, and I was cautious as well, but helmet was provided and ride was fairly safe. All in all, it is backpackers' best choice to discover the city of Kampala for now.

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas and Casperia, Italy
“Great way to see Kampala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Kampala as a volunteer in the '60's, but hadn't been back for over 40 years until my wife and I visited in January. To reorient myself, we booked a Walter's Boda Boda Tour (using a car rather than the boda bodas) and we're delighted we did. Our driver was knowledgable about the city, a good driver (necessary, given the traffic), and very personable. We visited many of the main sites, and I especially enjoyed the visit to the Lubiri, the former Kabaka's palace (an army post and very much off limits when I lived there). We were moved to tears by the visit to Idi Amin's torture chambers located on the grounds there. So much human anguish.

Visited January 2013