“The Best Way to see Kampala” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 40 activities in Kampala
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: "Welcome to Kampala, Uganda! Are you ready to experience the city like you never have before? Get ready for an adventure!" Get the A-Z about Kampala and the rest of Uganda in a unique and entertaining way including: the history, the tribes, the languages, the seven hills and answers to all your other questions.
Lagos, Nigeria
“The Best Way to see Kampala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

One of the best holiday experiences I've ever had, if not the best. Was picked up from Entebbe by my guide Apollo and made the trip to Kampala on a boda boda - more thrilling than any roller coaster ride!! Visited ALL the sights including the Ghaddafi mosque (beautiful view of Kampala from the top) and had a banana beer with Apollo on the way to the King's Palace. At the end of the 5 hour tour, stopped at Owino Market, just blended in and walked around.

All the guides - Apollo, Ashraf (at the museum) and the guy at the King's Palace - really know the history of each place and answered every single question I asked. Nice guys I'd share a banana beer with anytime!
Really felt welcomed by everyone on the tour. If you are coming to Kampala this is the way to see it!
Thanks to Walter and his team for the great holiday experience. Much love from Lagos Nigeria.

Visited September 2013

Berlin, Germany
“Truly unique -- completely unforgettable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Walter's Boda-boda Tour was the absolute highlight of my trip to Kampala! The experience goes *way beyond* visiting the most important historical/architectural sites in the city (the majority of which are no doubt included) and efficiently riding on a boda to get to them -- which, as you're probably already imagining, will give you the closest feel of the "organized chaos" that characterizes Kampala's traffic. You'll also get a lot of detailed, engaging information of the history behind each site. And you'll get to see the best views of the city, from atop the minaret at Gadhafi's Mosque. These initial expectations are satisfied to perfection.

But *beyond* that, you'll get a close, insider look at some place places in Kampala that are well beyond the reach of the "typical tourist" -- like the insides of the Owino Market or the Ggaba Landing Site. And you'll get to try truly local food at it's best.

I also have to say that for me, the core of the experience was talking for hours with Eddie, my excellent boda driver and guide: we discussed about the past, present, and future of Uganda, we exchanged our life's stories... and ended up a long, unforgettable day by sharing a cold beer.

So go for it. And I'd say, try to keep not only your eyes, but also your heart, as open as you can.

Visited August 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Truly Fabulous Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

What a gloriously exhilerating way to get to know Kampala. Walter's Boda Boda tours made my one day in Kampala the best possible, and there is no better way to feel part of such a vibrant city than on the back of one of the million Boda Boda's hurtling through the streets. Was so glad to have the chance to walk through streets and markets I would never have gotten to on my own.

Walter also was an absolute star in giving me a great 2 days outside of the city - in my limited time avbl I made it up to Murchison Falls National Park, had a wonderful boat ride on the Albert Nile up to the falls, hiked up to the top of the falls, and went tracking Chimps in Budongo. Uganda is such a wonderful country, I am determined to make it back, and will be relying on Walter to show me some more of the sights when I have more time.

Visited September 2013
Holzhausen
“made the Uganda holiday a complete experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Uganda is an amazing country, but the Boda Boda Experience with Walter just completed this experience. Without it I wouldn't got to know Kampala. It is a exciting journey through Ugandas capital - through history and current locations - thanks a lot

Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great and Fun Boda Boda Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Walter's Boda Boda Private Tours was a great experience, especially to see a lot of Kampala in a short amount of time. Riding Boda Bodas is a lot of fun, and I highly recommend Walter's because of their safe drivers.

We visited a number of great landmarks, including Ghadafi's Mosque, The Baha'i Temple, the King's Palace (with Idi Amin's torture chambers), and the Taxi Park ("Organized Chaos"). We did not get to see the King's Tombs in Kampala, but I think that is because they burned down a couple of years ago and have not been rebuilt yet.

At lunch, our tour guide Michael sold us on a Jinja tour the next day, which we also did (by car this time.) Despite the rain and very muddy roads, we were able to see a lot of that area of the country. They even drove us to the airport that night to catch our flight (for an additional fee.)

The costs seemed reasonable to an entire day of travel, and the knowledge of our tour guide/boda boda drivers was impressive.

Visited August 2013