“Fine View” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 196 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I mentioned this restaurant in my review of Golf Course Hotel, but feel that it should have its own separate review since it is a very high-quality establishment with one very unique feature: it revolves.
Kampala, Uganda
“Fine View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Both visitors and Ugandans appreciate the view atop this rotating restaurant. It takes 1 1/2 hours to make a complete turn. It's fun to watch the piano player come and go in the process.The food is average and it is a bit pricey but the staff is friendly and it's worth it to grab a snack and a drink after a long day working or tourning around Kampala.

Visited November 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Loved it! It really does revolve.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend took me to the Revolving Restaurant on my return from India, which coincided with my birthday. The service was superb, the food great, and I loved the in-house pianist. Not least of all because he played me the 'happy birthday' tune at the beau's request. I thought the 'It actually revolves' line I saw whenever I went by was just an ad line, but I was pleased to find it actually does revolve. It felt so romantic. I'm a sucker for recording memories, so we recorded the revolution on our digicam, as we enjoyed the evening and watched Kampala go by. One of my most memorable dates. I intend to return some time.

Kampala
“My experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food is excellent. The music from the piano and the lighting give an amazing ambience. The 360 degree views given are breathtaking.

Visited December 2012
Kampala, Uganda
“Chef's Offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Jeevan- Grade 7

Occasionally, if I am in the mood for great food with a luxurious feel, I will pop over to the 7 Hills Revolving Restaurant. I think that it is a magnificent place to go. It is great for an enjoyable fancy family dinner. They have a spectacular variety of meats and a few other dishes. If you have a child that likes to run around and play instead of sitting at the table, then this is not the place to take your children.
7 Hills Revolving restaurant is a great place to go for lunch. Although it is even better to go for dinner because you can see the lights from the houses and shops lit up. Also, a pianist comes at night to play many different songs.
When I walked into the dining room, I was accompanied to my table by a waiter who had a huge smile on her face and handed us our menus. The atmosphere is wonderful. There are brilliantly prepared tables with comfortable whit chairs and cutlery aligned well. When I look at the menu, nothing really looks too appealing to me, so they told the chef and he offered me Penne pasta with a rich creamy sauce. It was outstanding, I can’t believe it wasn’t on the menu. And to add to that, it was presented with a parsley leaf in the middle and fantastic napkin origami that was shaped like a flower. For desert, I ordered the rich fudge chocolate cake. It came with a scoop of ice-cream and chocolate powder decorating the edges shaped like leafs.
When the check came I was expecting high prices. But it was accialy extremely fair. In fact, you might even say that they under charged us. So overall, I would rate the restaurant 8/10. I would give it a 9 if it had a bit more variety of foods.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
“Very posh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant was a special treat to enjoy! Although there were not many others enjoying the romantic environment and excellent service, we felt like we found a gem of a place. The service was top notch, food was excellent, and experience was memorable. Great place...will return.

Visited November 2012