“Slow service and poor food” 2 of 5 stars

Kernan Avenue | Emin Pasha Hotel, Kampala, Uganda
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
London, United Kingdom
“Slow service and poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited Fez while I was staying in Kampala for a work trip. On the plus side, the restaurant has a great spot in a garden overlooking the city and is quite buzzy - with a jazz band (somewhat overpowering) playing on a Friday night.

This restaurant is really let down by the quality of the food and the slow service though. It took at least an hour for my food to arrive after ordering and about 25 minutes for bread. When my food arrived, I found the cassava had been completely overcooked and the chicken was average at best.

For better value and improved service, I would head to Mamba Point Italian restaurant to thirty second stroll down the road.

Visited August 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good, for Kampala.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good attempt at decent food, and the best we had in Kampala. Which isn't saying much. They served barbeque sauce instead of hoi sin with the peking duck pancakes. The rest of the meal was good, but not excellent. Decent wine list. Worth a visit.

Visited July 2013