“Wasn't expecting this!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Wasn't expecting this!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Cafe Javas on Namirembe Road. After nearly a month on the Ssese Islands this was our first meal back in Kampala. I have to say I went for a steak sandwich and chips (very British) but that was my indulgence! I also has a Very Berry Milk Shake that was "heaven". Cafe Javas even has a supermarket on the premises.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Marrakech, Morocco
“Try out their fruit cocktail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Its location is perfect and the chips always keep me asking for more......I had never had a nice sandwich as I did at Javas

Visited December 2012
“Slice of America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food is great- especially if you are looking for some food other than the traditional Ugandan dishes. Not many Ugandans. Mostly travelers/missionaries/people who are adopting. Always busy.

Visited July 2012
Kampala, Uganda
“Good place with bad habits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Cafe Javas at Oasis mall serves ok food in large portions. the drawback seems to be its either full or the tables seems to be booked. Well they try to maximise the people at a table which i can understand but to deny 3 people sitting at a 4 seat table to then allow a single person occupying the same table shows bad judgement and big inconsistencies in how to treat clients. the waiters on occasion miss the orders completely but if you get what you ordered it is usually good.

Visited January 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Try the tuna melt sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For my travel and lifestyle blog I went to Kampala to scout the best restaurants, bars, shops and things to do. This place is great for breakfst, just a coffee or lunch. I love their passion fruit juice too! There's only one thing I eat here every day when in Kampala: the Tuna Melt sandwich. It's delicious! For me as a girl I ordered without any sided since the sandwiched are huge! I will post more on Kampala on my blog soon. Or just read my other reviews on Tripadvisor about Kampala and its restaurants.

Visited July 2012