“Central position - older hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golf Course Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kampala
Golf Course Hotel
Plot 64-86, Yusuf Lule Road | P.O.Box 22774, Kampala, Uganda   |
Ranked #14 of 58 hotels in Kampala
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Central position - older hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Enjoyed staying at the hotel. As the name states the hotel overlooks the gold course, providing for a very pleasant location to take breakfast. Rooms are large, a bit dated, but generally quite good. Gym is in the adjacent shopping centre, certainly not the greatest, lots of broken machines, but at least enough working for a workout. Staff are friendly & helpful, although check-in & out is quite a time consuming exercise. The Hotel can arrange for shuttles to and from the airport, which assists. Kampala itself has shocking traffic, so if you need to be in central Kampala this is a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is well located with 2 malls next to it and was fairly close to my business meetings. Breakfast is good with plenty of options and variety from day to day. Rooms are in good condition with reliable wifi. There are several restaurant options for meals so it doesn't get monotonous. The Revolving Restaurant is a must-visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the golf course to avoid the noise coming from the road. Also the view on t...
Larnaka, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The good is that the rooms are very spacious and niclely fitted out in all areas. The breakfast is very nice with plenty of options. Very convenient for the 2 major shopping centres, which are next door.
The bad are the hotel taxis which should treat their own clients fairly but I was asked for 5 times the regular fair to travel just round the corner. In the end I walked with my trolley suitcase. When I complained they told me there would be an enquiry and they would inform me, but that never happened.
The ugly is payment of the bill. The invoice I received was in US Dollars but when I tried to setlle the bill, in cash,they rejected half of my bills as not being acceptable!! I got the notes from The Central Bank of a European country but they are not good enough for Uganda. One was deemed too old and others had stamps on. I told them that was all I had as my expenses were sent country by country so if they didn't accept them then tough. They tried to say the local banks will not take them but I had changed many of these 'bad' notes at the Bureau De Change in the shopping centre next door and they have to use the same banks.In then end they took them but they should warn you and state which notes they accept.

Room Tip: Do not get rooms in the middle of the floors as they have a running machine and excercise bike outsi...
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice hotel to stay for business or leisure, quite a convenient location to stay within the city. Food at restaurant is also ok. Ask for rooms on 4th floor on left hand side. No to lemon juice as they make it very sour. 5 days stay costed about close to 1K USD. Precautionary travel, take medcines for malaria etc

Room Tip: Room on 4th floor, roadside are bit noisy if ur sesitive to sounds avoid them
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was in Kampala on business for 7 days in mid May, and having stayed at this hotel in the past, decided to do so again. I had previously had a good experience at the hotel, and had a relatively high opinion of it, but this visit changed that.

For the first few days of my trip everything was fine, however on the fourth or fifth day, I saw two cockroaches in my room. I reported this to the hotel, which sent a maid to spray the room. She said that the room might need to be fumigated, and left me the spray can in the meantime. They were to get back to me about the situation, but never did. I was out during the days on business, but the following evening I found more cockroaches. I checked out the following day, and had probably killed about 10 roaches in my room before I left the hotel.

When I checked out, I told the front desk about all of this. They offered apologies, but did not explain why nothing further had been done and made no effort whatsoever to provide any sort of recompense or other acknowledgement of the problem. The manager was apparently not in or available to speak to me when I was checking out, so I asked the front desk staff to alert him to this situation and have him contact me via the information they had on file for me. In particular, I told the staff that they, and the manager should consider whether they believed this situation was handled properly, and whether they thought that under the circumstances it was appropriate that nothing further should be done. I never heard back from them, so apparently they and the hotel could care less. It looks like after paying lip service with their half hearted apologies, they simply decided to ignore the whole thing. I wonder if the next person in the room had to similarly deal with the infestation.

Funny, prior to this trip, I had always had a good experience with this hotel, and I've usually found the staff quite helpful. Obviously this trip has changed my opinion, and neither I nor my colleagues will be staying there in the future.

D. Thorne

Room Tip: Hope your room doesn't have cockroaches...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice hotel to stay if you're in Kampala. The breakfast is also very nice. Rooms are modern and very comfortable. Their atrium and golf course view is also very elegant. Bathrooms are very neat as well.

clevedon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and although you can find fault - service, food, internet quality, overall it does provide you with a good working environment and far cheaper than many hotels in the city.

I have always asked for a room over looking the golf course and closer to the lifts and so the internet is a little stronger here and you don't get traffic noise.

Food passable for breakfast and the Silver Spur OK for a snack type of meal....

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Golf Course Hotel? Share your experiences!