“Very good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Humura Resorts

Save Saved
You added Humura Resorts to your Saves list
Humura Resorts
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Plot #3 Kitante Close, Kololo | P. O. Box 35521, Kampala, Uganda   |
Special Price
10% off on single room
Ranked #7 of 58 hotels in Kampala
Åkarp
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently stayed 4 nights at Humura Resorts and was enjoying it fantastically well. Clean, tidy and very friendly staff. Safe and secure hotel. Pool and gym very nice. Restaurant and bar was high class. Close to the city centre. We can only give good recommendations on this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I only stayed one night at Humura Resort but was pleased with the facility and the service. The room was very spacious. The indoor bar (I didn't get the opportunity to try the pool bar) and the open-air restaurant were both nice. Other reviewers here are correct - it is a peaceful location in the middle of Kampala. I was most pleased by the service. Case in point -- upon checkout, I accidentally left a suit that I was to wear at a Kampala wedding several days later. However, I did not realize that I forgot my suit until I was at my next accommodation - a safari lodge at Murchison Falls National Park. Once I contacted Humura Resort, they assured me that they would hold my suit until I returned to Kampala. They kept their word. I was able to pick up my suit upon my return to Kampala. My Ugandan friend told me that I was lucky - in most cases, I never would have seen my suit again. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Silkeborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Spent three nights at the Humara on a delegation trip to Uganda. Usually stays at the Sheraton, but Humara is smaller, friendlier and much more cosy.
Rooms are very nice and clean. Only minor setback is the free wifi that is a bit shaky at times, but it doesn't spoil the overall impression of a well run, very nice small and suitably luxurious hotel.
Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at humura resort ........Rooms were really good , staff was very helpful and food was just too good .

If you are looking for a relaxed and comfortable stay at Ugnda then just go for Humura resorts . I stayed for two nights and would definately go bk to Humura . The hotel manger was very friendly and helpful for my stay .

Keep up the good work guys ;)) Neha ,NEW DELHI , INDIA

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A big thank you to all the staff at Humura for looking after us during our stay. Myself and fellow band members commented on how friendly the service was and quality of the food was excellent. Rooms were well maintained through out our stay and i if i needed anything sorted out it was quickly organised. The biggest plus for me was the apprecation shown by all staff, the chef for eg, being sincerley apologetic, as his supplier had not delivered any beef which we had ordered. I hope the staff enjoyed the sight of the kilts before the Caledonian Society ball and can only thank them for all their efforts.
I look forward to hopefully renewing acquaintances again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here both before and after a trip to the west of the country.
The quality of food in the restaurant was very good, though they were usually out of the house wine, and the price for the others (by the bottle only) was exorbitant (especially with Nakumatt 2 km down the road). Cocktails were also a disappointment. Stick with the local beer, which is excellent.
Service staff were excellent, particularly at the restaurant and the front desk.
I thought the price we paid was a bit high, but this may be the nature of Kampala with its large NGO and expat population.
Hotel has easy access to a main road but is shielded from the noise by several hedges. Sitting in the courtyard you'd never know you were in the middle of a bustling city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top level are noisy - near the bar and restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Heraklion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been pleasantly welcomed to Humura resort. Room which I stayed in was well lit, peaceful and with no outside noise. Hotel has a lot of green surrounding. Buffet breakfast was standard with a lot of fruits. Dinner was inexpensive but high quality and very tasty. It is a recommendation for relaxed night sleep ...

Room Tip: it seems that all rooms are quite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Humura Resorts? Share your experiences!