“Overall a very good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Humura Resorts

Save Saved
You added Humura Resorts to your Saves list
Humura Resorts
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Plot #3 Kitante Close, Kololo | P. O. Box 35521, Kampala, Uganda   |
Ranked #5 of 56 hotels in Kampala
Toronto, Canada
“Overall a very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here both before and after a trip to the west of the country.
The quality of food in the restaurant was very good, though they were usually out of the house wine, and the price for the others (by the bottle only) was exorbitant (especially with Nakumatt 2 km down the road). Cocktails were also a disappointment. Stick with the local beer, which is excellent.
Service staff were excellent, particularly at the restaurant and the front desk.
I thought the price we paid was a bit high, but this may be the nature of Kampala with its large NGO and expat population.
Hotel has easy access to a main road but is shielded from the noise by several hedges. Sitting in the courtyard you'd never know you were in the middle of a bustling city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top level are noisy - near the bar and restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Heraklion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been pleasantly welcomed to Humura resort. Room which I stayed in was well lit, peaceful and with no outside noise. Hotel has a lot of green surrounding. Buffet breakfast was standard with a lot of fruits. Dinner was inexpensive but high quality and very tasty. It is a recommendation for relaxed night sleep ...

Room Tip: it seems that all rooms are quite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been at Humura several times for meetings. I love the place, its clean, beautiful and has very good service. The gardens are well groomed.
The girls at front office Hilda, Christine, Angelica and the rest are wonderful. They work tielessly to make sure we have every thing. Olivia too provides us with good service. Their meeting rooms are not that big but they are comfortable. Thank you Humura. We shalls always be coming back because of your good atitude towards work

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kampala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had some friends visit us in Kampala. They stayed at Humura and were extremely happy. It was comfortable, quiet and with very good service from the staff. Its an oasis very near the centre of the city!
I would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tacoma, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for a weeklong business trip and it was pretty disappointing. I will start with the good aspects about it:
Good:
1. Beautiful yards and very peaceful. It doesn't feel like you are in the city at all. It was quite relaxing.
2. Rooms are nice and big. Great size compared to some of the hotel in the area.
3. TV was good and the channels were great. Best I've had in Africa (been 3 times). There was CNN, sports stations, music channels and two movie channels that played decent new releases.

The Bad:
1. Food was just okay. I had two dinners and breakfast there every morning and it was okay. I had better meals when I went elsewhere. Breakfast was supposed to start at 630, but it really meant they showed up at 6:30 and then started to get things together. Most of the food wasn't out until at least 7am.
2. The gym is tiny and the machines are pretty broken down. I had to limit myself to only a couple of stations because the others didn't work.
3. You can hear everything from the rooms next to you. And they hear you. I tried calling my family early in the morning (time difference) and the room next door kept pounding on the wall for me to be quiet...

The Ugly:
1. Had no hot water in my shower for the first two days. Asked about it on the first day and someone didn't look at it until the third day. It sucks having to shower with goose bumps all over your body.
2. My safe wasn't working and I talked to them about it the first day. They call me on the second day at 10PM to ask if I wanted someone to look at it. I was already asleep and very annoyed they would call at this time. Finally after complaining again they came on the third day in the evening.
3. Came back to room one day and there were no towels in my bathroom. I'm glad I noticed it before I was taking a shower the next morning.
4. Things weren't working like the handle on my hand towel holder was broke and laying on the ground when I arrived. No one picked it up or tried to fix it the entire time I was there. It's probably still laying on the ground right now.
5. The wireless was almost none existent. It was terrible. I could get some in the very early morning but it was so little that it was better to use 3G.
6. Generally unresponsive and slow service. Ask for something and it would be done days later.

Overall it was a really poor hotel. I wouldn't go back the next time I come to Uganda. For $120/night I felt like I was getting ripped off. Try the Protea or Sheraton if you want a decent room with decent service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Humura, General Manager at Humura Resorts, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Jon S,

We at Humura appreciate the time and effort you have given to provide us with feedback to make us improve our service.

To address the problems you have raised:

Regarding the breakfast, the staff is appearing at 6 am every morning to prepare for the breakfast start at 6.30. Angelica Andersson from Front Office was in the Restaurant every morning to welcome you to the breakfast. If any item would be missing the staff is around to prepare it personally for you as per request.

As for the gym only the spinning bike has been under repair. The other stations have been maintained with the result they are working to our guest’s satisfaction. We are sorry if you found it too small for your needs. We have prioritized machines so you, as a guest, are able to have a full body workout while away from home.

Housekeeping is checking the rooms every day and when there is a problem it is immediately attended. During the period of your stay you complained about hot water being unavailable. When housekeeping checked that same morning the hot water was working fine. Our policy at the hotel is not to open the safe in the rooms when the guest is not around because of safety reasons. The towel holder in your room was temporarily fixed although the result was not satisfying. A more confiding solution is being made.

We are continuously working on maintaining a high internet speed. The majority of guests find the wireless working flawlessly.

Unfortunately we were not adequately informed during the stay to improve it while you were here. We are truly sorry for that.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was my first stay in Kampala. The Humura Resort turned out to be a great place to stay. Great location. Responsive staff. Room was clean and well kept. Good facilities (pool, weight room, lounge). Hallway noise can sometimes be heard in the rooms. Overall, a very good choice for its price range.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Uppsala, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been in Kampala very many times and Humura is one of the best places I have stayed at. I can highly recommend for families as well as business trips. Nice staff, a very nice new manager and good rooms. The only slight drawback is the restaurant, which does not live up to the level one can expect for such a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Humura Resorts? Share your experiences!