This "5 star" hotel is to be avoided at all costs. Reasons? Hmmm, where do I begin? Alright, here's a shot:
- Over New Year's weekend, which is when I stayed here, the hotel felt like a mega, abandoned structure. At least 5 of the top floors were dark and seemed to have no one staying there. I spotted a couple of people on each of the other floors. Very eerie!
- The Business Centre was locked up the entire time I was there. When I enquired, I was told at Reception that the hotel could not find anyone to man the Business Centre. So they simply closed it.
- The gym and swimming pool were not accessible on the 1st day of the year. They were also locked up. It was a holiday, you see...
- The "bar". When I enquired on arrival where the hotel bar was, I was guided to what looked like a little cafeteria near the Reception. It had 5 little wobbly tables, had seating like a school dining hall and no one really around to serve you. An order of a beer took about 15 mins or so to arrive. The coke never did show up.
- Information. In the room, there was 10-item room service menu, that's all. No info on any other telephone numbers or on how to contact Reception or to make an outside call or on what floor the swimming pool was. Nothing. You had to guess.
- Guest travel services. There was no one at the table the entire time I was there. How do I get to Queen Elizabeth National Park, arguably among Uganda's biggest attractions? Reception: no idea. Any numbers or directions? Reception: Nope, but here's a general travel magazine that might give you that sort of information. Now stop bothering me! [Ok, she didn't say that last part, but given her look, she might just as well had..]
- Breakfast. A sorry afair. None of the variety or range of goodies you would expect - and get - at a 5 star place. All served in a huge, dreary hall.
Anything good about the place? OK, the rooms are huge, almost suite-like. But they do not even come close to making up for all the downsides.
Final verdict: please stay somewhere else.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.