“My experience at dolphin” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Offers
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Kampala
Kampala, Uganda
“My experience at dolphin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Like most Ugandans, and other people living in the country is I am to remaining none discriminative, Dolphin suites was not known to me not until of recent I failed to be accommodated at Resort Hotel Munyonyo in the ongoing training conducted by Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). To briefly narrate a the long story, It was 21st July 2014 when management of Munyonyo decided to take me to Tourist Hotel in the Kampala city centre. I can say a lot needs to be done in that hotel. The following morning all of us the training decided to carry our luggage back to Munyonyo and in turn we were distributed to Speak and Dolphin suites where I found myself. Mr. Dinesh was very critical as he was not expecting because Munyonyo had not communicated to him. Because I had stated hating this place like Munyonyo, all attempts by Dinesh to make myself confortable on a sofa were futile. At last he sorted everything out and I got the room. Though I don’t enjoy small beds the hotel turned out to be a home for both me and my colleagues, enjoying the company of Mr. Dinesh, food especially whole fish and the timely break first. I will narrate more others next time I visit this site but what I have to tell all people in Uganda is to visit dolphin hotel. Francis Musiime 0775671652, francis.musiime@gmail.com.

Room Tip: Room 102 and all those near ti it are very earsy to access
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you better in your next visit.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Dolphin Executive Suites - neither suites, nor executive, with very poorly trained and motivated staff.

Rooms are small, belying the name. The extremely weak wifi suggests a poor understanding of what executives need when on a business trip. Room service is an interesting sequence of ordering more than once and then waiting to see whether food will turn up, and when it does, whether it will correspond to what you requested. Could be more, or different, or nothing

The management is quite up front. They couldn't be bothered to change the name. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor. It means that we don't have to keep paying these rates for pure misrepresentation

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

Greetings!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

Per your comments, we are going to update our internet to ensure that future travelers know that while remarkable hospitality, service , food and cleanliness are our top priorities . Our rooms are small, not suites. We sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Dinesh
Netanya, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed 5 nights in the hotel, good restaurant, good bar, very good service
It was pleasant and comfortable
the hotel manager stopped a few times enquiringly if we need any thing and his staff was very service oriented

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Dolphin Suites.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Dolphin Suites - thank you for allowing us to turn your moments into memories.
Kind Regards

Casper, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

It is not a place if a quiet environment suitable for business discussions is what you are looking for. It's noisy at all times with cigarette smoke coming from all directions - drugs inclusive. The meals too are terrible. It's not worth a penny

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review but I would like to inform that we have been doing the renovation work for the restaurant due to which we have bit noise and little place to sit around area. I assure you that you will find everything in proper order and no noise at all and smoke since we have smoking area separate.

Hoping to serve you in better way in near future.

Warm regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Hotel is clean..food is ok..staff is friendly...but its located way out of the city...at a quiet corner. They dont keep sim cards which they should considering the location...also dont expect any change to give to taxi drivers....
rooms r ok...but the problem is there is no hit water kettle...coffee..nothing in the room..not even a small fridge!
pool...gym..sauna r good...indian food is good but expect it to be delivered after 40 minutes.
overall an average budget hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. Kindly accept our apologies for not getting the change for the taxi since our staff had gone to get the change from the bank at that time and also for delaying for food. We will definitely think about tea/coffee making facility and fridge in the room and keeping the sim cards for the guests. .We look forward to the pleasure of serving you better in your next visit.
Matlock Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Ini my role I travel extensively in all sorts of situations and am conscious of the stewardship needed when it comes to accommodations. Dolphin Suites is one of my favourites. It's not fancy but it is clean and comfortable. Dinesh and his staff are eager to please and the food especially the Indian menu is really delicious. I also need at times to hold meetings with colleagues sometimes at short notice or add to the numbers staying with me, they always bend ofer backwards to make it happen.

Room Tip: The higher up the quieter the room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Simon,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to experience our amazing food; I am so pleased that you found the experience to be “spectacular”!
Kind Regards

Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

A good hotel set in a peaceful surrounding.Stayed there for one night and was truly satisfied with the ambiance, the food, service and a very accommodating staff. The location of hotel is such that one can go for jogging and enjoy it. Had a nice comfortable sleep. Rooms are clean and so are bathrooms. They don't have any tea/coffee making facility in the room and one has to order from the room service. All the rooms are having spacious balcony. Though I had not asked for a pickup from Entebbe but on inquiring found a helpful lady outside the airport who was from Speke hotel owned by the same management, and she arranged for a vehicle to drop me at the hotel. Would like to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are preferable though I was on the ground floor but didn't find it disturbing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dinesh G, Manager at Dolphin Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We will definitely think about tea/coffee making facility in the room.We look forward to the pleasure of serving you better in your next visit.

Manager

Been to Dolphin Suites? Share your experiences!