“The very best Hotel in Lome (other hotels in Lome should improve)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sancta Maria

You added Hotel Sancta Maria to your Saves list
Hotel Sancta Maria
Boulevard du Mono, Lome 80212, Togo   |
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Lome
Accra, Ghana
“The very best Hotel in Lome (other hotels in Lome should improve)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

After a tiring whole day journey, we wanted to rest for the evening, take a shower, freshen up, have an evening dinner in Lome - that was our plan. On provious occasions, we have stayed at Mercure and at Ibis, but this time, after a bit of search we decided to try Sancta Marina. First, we found the price of rooms a bit higher than normal. But when we entered the Room- its was marvelous - spotless clean, no smell or ordour (thats common in Lome hotels), specious room, large windows, large beds, and working wi-fi in room. Breakfast is basic but good. Bathrooms are spic and span clean, specious, all amenities including hot and cold water.

Only down point is it's a bit over-priced. Should be within $ 150 per day max.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
julinas, Manager at Hotel Sancta Maria, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Dear Tot

Thank you for conveying your comment regarding your stay with us. We are delighted to receive your positive comment and find out that your overall stay is satisfactory.
It will be our pleasure to serve you again very soon.

Yours truely,

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lagos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I was here in May 2013 and spent two nights. Check in and Check out was seamless and fast. The staff were wonderful, nearly all the staff communicated well in English so there was no language barrier at all. The rooms are very spacious and have panoramic view of the Atlantic and the city depending on the wing you stayed in. The hotel is generally very neat.

The restaurant is nice but the menu didn't have much variety. All the meals were continental. I would suggest we have some local African dishes in the menu.

Getting around the town was very easy as the hotel has a resident chauffeur (Michel). He really made my three days stay memorable.

I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
julinas, Manager at Hotel Sancta Maria, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Dear Mr. Kadiri,

Thank You for your kind words and we are pleased that you had a memorable stay with us.
Please rest assured that we will update our menu as suggested.
Please come back to visit us. It would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Good food,well-suited and spacious conference room,Small bar,Excellent room-service,Just next to Atlantic Ocean,Accept Master card towards payment of Hotel Bill,Near to some good French Restraurants and lots more!!

Room Tip: Room on west side are quiter!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Rishabh

Thank you for your candide words.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gratefully,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

It took me a long time to write this but I really wanted to do it and help travelers especially the ones from the US.

I am originally from Sénégal living in LA and I travel a lot. I know something about good accommodation.
For me it's not necessarily about how many stars. It's more about the purpose of your trip.

When you go to Togo, after a little bit of research, do not expect a five star hotel like in some other countries in the world. I'm not going to list them but you know where they are.

I went to Lomé to visit my brother and I needed the best decent hotel in Lomé. Of course I looked at the highest ranked in this website and made reservations to the top 3.
I didn't make one at the Sancta Maria although one of my best senegalese friend and banker living in Sénégal and traveling a lot suggested this place.

I arrived at Lomé in June for a 3 days trip, had a transportation to the first reservation I made before, one of the 3 best in Lomé, my wife and I couldn't take it. After seeing the room, the location and he overall place we decided to leave immediately. I called my brother to come to take us out of here, 30 mn later we were gone and felt relieved. So my brother drove us around Lomé to the other hotels, supposedly the 2 other best. We looked at the rooms and were really disappointed. there were carpet all over and those places smelled moldy. I don't understand why these places put carpet when the humidity in the country is very often over 120%!

To make a long story short, after visiting 5 extremely disappointing hotels we decided to try the Sancta Maria which didn't have enough convincing reviews. OMG, as soon as we got to the lobby we wanted to stay. Unfortunately they were over booked but we had a little chance because some clients hadn't checked in yet. We went to a great restaurant, got great local meal and pray all the afternoon to have a room available for us. Fortunately, one of the client cancelled. We were saved!

OK, if I did have to of course I would have gone with what we had found, but the Santa Maria, in its simplicity offered kindness, responsiveness, cleanness, spacious rooms, no carpet at all and great internet connection. Yes, the place is pretty minimal compared to most of the hotels in general but neat and charming for my taste! The personnel is great!

Here is my advice, if you go to Lomé, make a reservation at Sancta Maria first, you can't go wrong.
If you want the pool, hotel on the beach, the gym, and what you're probably used to, go ahead, skip the Sancta Maria, try the other ones and good luck!
If you want fresh and clean room, basic but good breakfast, great internet connection, great service and peace of mind, you'll be very happy at Sancta Maria.

My bother who live in Lomé never heard about this place. He was pleasantly surprise and will suggest the Sancta Maria from now on.

I have been told that this place is owned by a woman who has a good experience in hospitality and business. I'm not surprised. I heard also that a pool will be built soon.

The location is great too.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I will go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Boco

Thank you for your kind words and good review. We will continue seeking excellence in exceeding guest's expectations.
Please come back to stay with us it would be our privilege to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Hastings on Hudson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The room was large and comfortable. Limited electrical outlets. View of the sea was great. Restaurant not great. Overall a little pricey for just the room. Ok for a short stay. Go to Sarakwa for a longer one.

Room Tip: no fitness center or swimming pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Mahesh

Thank you for conveying your feedback regarding your stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the restaurant.
We did review our menus and improve the quality of the food.
It would be our pleasure to serve you again in the future aiming to exceed your expectation.

Yours Truely,

Nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Clean spacious rooms that however, feel very bare with a lot of unutilized space and lack of décor/furniture to fill up the empty spaces. Space could have been better utilized for example by putting in a shower cubicle instead of just the hand held shower in the bath tub. Hotel is new so facilities are still in good condition. Doesn't give the feeling of being in a hotel and the absence of experience of a hotel chain management company is evident. However, staff are extremely friendly and efficient with the right attitude, excellent service all round! Meals are fresh, well prepared and very homely. However, breakfast menu is static & fixed and very boring without any options. Good for short stays where minimal time is spent in the hotel as there is a total lack of entertainment in the public areas and generally very little activity in the hotel. Wifi works well even though it averages 30-50% strength in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir or Mrs.

Warmest greetings from Sancta Maria Hotel

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apology for the lack of choices on the breakfast menu and the average internet connection service.
Please kindly be informed that we are reviewing the breakfast choices along with a good presentation to exceed guests' expectations.
Our internet signal is much much stronger and better as we purchased strong routers which help delivering a sastifying high speed internet.
The hotel is uggrading his standards towards international procedures and guidelines.
Once again we thank you for your stay and we look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel in December 2011 and found the service, size of rooms all ok but the price is 150 to 200$ per night which is exhorbitant when compare to ibis and sarakowa in lome
hotel does not have any international chain management nor other facilities as for star hotels but it is rated as 4-star.. when ibis is rated at 2-star and sarakowa as 3-star..

Room Tip: rooms towards beach and higher floors are better.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Abuamer

Thank you for giving your feedback regarding your stay at Sancta Maria Hotel.
We strive to make our guests' stay memorable and I am sorry not to exceed your expectations.
Please kindly be informed that our hotel is embracing all international standards and once our extension is completed, we will have a strong 4 stars hotel.
Also please rest assured that we have a good yieling management system in place that help us providing affordable rates to our potentiel guests.

We look foward to regaining your trust in the future aiming to exceed your expectations.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Sancta Maria? Share your experiences!