“Lovely surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel M'Rode

Hotel M'Rode
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lome
Hotel M'Rode
You added Hotel M'Rode to your Saves list
Rue d'Assoli, Lome, Togo   |
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Lome
Paris
“Lovely surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I came to M'Rode rather by chance during a four day business trip to Lome in late November 2011.

Before departing I called the Mercure, which was full, and eventually ended up at the Foyer des Marins after reading several complimentary reviews on Trip Adviser.
Don't be fooled. Foyer des Marins is very basic and - despite a nice pool and friendly staff - is not really suitable for business travellers.

Thankfully I was directed to M'Rode and was promptly and competently welcomed by several of the handsome, young Togolese staff.

My stay was lovely, not least because of the hotel's excellent location in a quiet residential neighbourhood, its great bar and several excellent (preominantly French) restaurants within walking distance. The service also proved to be good throughout my stay.

Moreover the management - charmingly - did not charge me for a half-day spent in my room before catching a flight back to Paris. That would never happen at the souless Mercure, whose principal attribute is its Olympic size pool.

I hope to visit Lome again and will definitely be coming back to M'Rode.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo

Been to Hotel M'Rode? Share your experiences!