“Efficient staff - Affordable - Clean - Centrally located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cote Sud

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lome
Hotel Cote Sud
You added Hotel Cote Sud to your Saves list
126, rue Nima - Aguiar-Kome, Lome, Togo   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Lome
New Delhi, India
“Efficient staff - Affordable - Clean - Centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My stay at the Cote Sud was triggered by the reviews on Tripadvisor, and I was not disappointed by my decision.

I was picked up from the Airport which was very convenient.

This is a small cozy property that boasts of an on-site restaurant, an owner-com-chef who is open to suggestions on cooking what you're craving for. In stead of the usual boiled and cooked spaghetti - the chef presented me with a oven baked version which was quite impressive.

The hotel in general is very clean and the breakfast is basic but hits the spot ( do ask for the mango juice which is heavenly ! - and this is from someone who has lived in a mango country most of his life)

The rooms are spacious and so are the bathrooms, the wi-fi works decently, the staff are attentive and work on customer requests ( for changing money, getting a taxi) which helps substantially in an otherwise dysfunctional city.

The hotel is barely a minute's drive from the main Boulevard, which makes it very centrally located - it is also about 20 minutes from the Airport.

I would have rated them an excellent of the wi-fi was available in my room - that was the only shortcoming during my stay.

Would definitely recommend this place and would come back.

Room Tip: The Room 1 is on the ground floor and the wi-fi signal is weak inside the room. Take a look at the r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is a bit hard to find but is close to center of town and beach. We stayed two nights and enjoyed it. It has a nice dining courtyard downstars and a nice balcony upstairs overlooking the action on the street. Our room faced street but noise was not a problem. The room had good Wifi connection, refrigerator, TV and AC. We ate at hotel for a lunch and dinner. We weren't thrilled with the hamburger for lunch but our dinner was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nyon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for four nights in August 2012 on a work trip. The room was clean and spacious but not luxurious and had a large private bathroom. The bed was changed daily, the food was very good, the internet worked reliably and the place was secure and safe. In this respect all of my essential requirements for a business tirp were very well satisfied. In many African countries this is hard to find at any price, let alone at the very affordable prices charged in this hotel.

What was really impressive, however, was the welcome and friendliness shown by the owner and all his staff. I've only experienced better in four and five star hotels in Asia. Don't be put off by the look of this place. It only has five rooms and is more like a guest house than a hotel. It's located at the corner of two dusty/muddy unpaved streets in a fairly modest part of town, but only a short drive to the business and government districts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bonn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We didn't stay at the hotel but we came to eat here and fell in love with the place. The french owner cooks himself with the help of a another french cook who lives in the neighborhood and comes over to "have fun in the kitchen". And that's exactly what the food tastes like: The two cooks try out new recipes and you just marvel on the food, trying to find out what flavors they've used this time. Even their burgers are extraordinary! During our two week stay in Lomé we came three times to eat here. The ambiance is simple but very very nice. Definitely a MUST when you're in Lomé!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had read great reviews on Hotel Cote Sud on this Trip Advisor website and so chose this hotel. It was very inexpensive yet everything positive said was true. It is a tiny little hotel with a relatively tiny staff. The staff went out of their way to make me comfortable and they were very friendly. I speak very little French but they were able to understand me and met my needs. I was impressed at the variety on the menu for such a tiny hotel. On one night I think I was their only guest. Yet they kept turning out excellent meals. I will be happy to stay there when I return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

How can a previous reviewer possibly state that "service is slow" - some people should stay at home or spend $250 at Le Mercure perhaps. I can tell you that for anyone traveling to Africa, you will never forget your stay at Hotel Cote Sud in Lome. The place is spotless - everywhere - and is a museum of French Togolese architecture, from the front gate to the reception to the beautiful rooms and second floor terrace balcony. Everyone at the hotel is wonderful and I felt completely safe and relaxed here. The location of the hotel is extremely interesting - you are right in the middle of things, an easy and fascinating walk to the sea, to the market, to the main roads where you can catch a motorcycle transport to anywhere in the city. Very special mention must be made of the owner, M, Didier Massart, who should be Honorary French Consul to West Africa, if not the next President of the Republic, for his knowledge, openness, and ability to share French culture with the world. If that weren't enough, it happens that Didier is a magnificent host and chef. I used to be a French professor, and I learned so much about France and France's roles in Africa during my stay at Hotel Cote Sud. The cuisine at the hotel is superlative; by the chef's own confession, his cuisine is not meant to be "nouvelle" or trendy, but just down to earth delicious French cooking infused with a profound understanding of his native France and his adopted Togo. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to stay here and look fwd very much to visiting again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Cotonou, Benin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Cote Sud is located in a nice district of Lomé. It's a quite place with a nice garden in which a restaurant is located. The French owner has made sure that French cuisine is practised here! Food was delicious and well priced.Rooms are proper and spacious, wifi internet is working well, even in the rooms.
However, it took the kitchen 30 minutes to prepare an omelet, three toasts and a coffee. It took 45 minutes for the reception to prepare 5 bills for the hotel (me and my colleagues). The staff is very friendly and willing to help, but the word 'efficiency' is not in their dictionary...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Cote Sud? Share your experiences!