“Varied Menu near the water” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 122 Restaurants in Dakar
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1996, the restaurant La Terrasse has long been a place where serenity and conviviality is order of the day. It has rapidly become a regular haunt for Dakarois. Close to the sea and the swimming pool, it is the ideal place to eat lunch, dinner and relax thanks to a rich and varied menu for both food and drinks. In addition, a lounge space allows you to take a break, whilst enjoying our freshly-squeezed juices and range of cocktails, and listening to live music. Discover the new menu at La Terrasse ! Enjoy our dishes, desserts and home-made ice-cream prepared with fresh ingredients.
Grosse Pointe Michigan USA
“Varied Menu near the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed two days at Terrou-Bi and enjoyed 3 different meals at their La Terasse Restaurant. The atmosphere along the water was delightful, the food good and not horribly overpriced. Desserts were stunning, especially the chocolate soufflé (mint ice cream turned out to be vanilla instead) and the caramelized French Toast. Menu is easy to find something new to try or focus on an old favorite: pizza, pasta, beef, chicken, lamb, salads and traditional Sengalese dishes (interesting and delicious LARGE servings).

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
terroubi, Camille Coulibeuf, Marketing Director at La Terrasse, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words following your stay at the Terrou-bi hotel. I was so glad to read that we met your expectations and you found our service and the general ambience of the Terrou-bi hotel to your liking.

Please do come and visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, reasonable prices for Dakar, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If I were only judging on food and price, I would reduce slightly. They have a good variety of acceptable dishes. The cleanliness and great views make up where they might lack slightly in the menu. The prices are also acceptable for a nice restaurant. Most dishes are between 6000 and 9000 CFA (12-18 USD). I usually end up around 10k CFA for a meal or between 12 and 13k CFA with an entrée and a drink.

They have good pizzas, a couple of nice pasta dishes, several local dishes to try, a small variety of their version of Chinese food and lots of seafood plates. I've tasted a good portion of the dishes and find most to be good. I didn't really like the Chicken Caesar salad, but that is mostly because they use breaded chicken.

The staff is friendly and will do their best to accommodate special request (I would recommend asking for Yassa Poulet, though the Yassa Poisson is listed on the menu).

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear client,

I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at the Terrou-Bi Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay in our resort and enjoyed all the service and facilities we provided you with.

Please do come and see us again when I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.
My best regards,