“Lots of Amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Dakar Teranga

You added Pullman Dakar Teranga to your Saves list
Pullman Dakar Teranga
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Rue Colbert | Place de L' Independance, Dakar 3380, Senegal (Formerly Sofitel)   |
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Dakar
Vail, Arizona
“Lots of Amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I loved the location of the hotel. It was located right next to the president's house and many places to eat are in walking distance from here. The pool was a great feature and it looks right onto the ocean. This hotel reminds me of many big name hotels in the states. The laundry here was pretty pricey but what hotel doesn't have pricey laundry? They do treat it pretty rough though. While it came back clean, some damage was done to a few pieces of my clothes as well as my friend's clothes including staple holes. The service is pretty good as well. All of the staff was friendly. The room cleaning service was hit or miss though because sometimes they would give us enough towels and other days we would only get a few new clean towels but if this would happen, we would call the front desk and more towels would be given to us in 20 minutes. Food was expensive here but good. Best bed of my life and the rooms do come with safes and a fridge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
PULLMAN T, Directeur général at Pullman Dakar Teranga, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Madam,

We thank you for having chosen our hotel as your stay in Dakar and for having set of your time to write us.
Our staff is very sensitive to your comments and very happy to know that you have passed an excellent stay.
We apologize for the quality of the laundry service and assure you that our housekeeper took
all the necessary measures with the laundry so that the same thing does not reproduce any more.
We appreciate your sharing and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Alain Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel a week for business and I have to say it really is a bad hotel. The air conditioning was leaking water on the floor, my laundry was nt delivered on time, the hotel lost some my luggage in their storage and then asked me to pay for its return and this was after I spent 2,000 euro there. Radisson Blu is mug better having visited there one night for dinner. Try and avoid this hotel it is a dump.

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'd be more inclined to cut a hotel some slack for being in a developing economy, but having been in some great hotels in places like Amman or Lusaka or Tbilisi, I can't. The Pullman isn't a bad place, but I wouldn't call it spectacular.

Relatively easy check in and every time I needed something, the service had been pretty good. The rooms, though, are pretty well worn. First, in the bathroom, it looks very run down and old - I'd suggest new shower doors that separate the entire shower from the rest of the bathroom (these showers have a half door that covers the front part of the shower, but it's still easy to get the rest of the bathroom wet when showering, especially while trying to avoid getting any water in the mouth - which you do not want to drink or brush teeth with).

Also, I saw a hair in the bathroom which made me think it wasn't cleaned up quite as well as it could've been. The bed is nice and soft, but the bed cover/sheet is pretty heavy and I'm guessing its made of polyester - it was easy to start itching and easy to get hot in the bed.

I think the Pullman is probably just a little bit of renovation and investment in the rooms to bumping this up to a four rating. Just a few improvements,and it would be worth staying at again if I make it back to Dakar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PULLMAN T, General Manager at Pullman Dakar Teranga, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having chosen Pullman Dakar Teranga for your stay in Dakar, also for sparring your time to write us. Your comments are helpful for us in order to improve continually our quality.
We are sorry that the service and the product weren’t as high as your expectations and ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.
Our housekeeping and all our staff can assured you that all the necessary measures are implemented to improve the quality of services.
I look forward waiting you soon in Pullman Dakar Teranga,
sincerely yours.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Teranga Hotel, is no more what it used to be. But they are trying hard to keep the standards. Anyway my stay was uneventful but I have stayed there before and I know it used to be better. The bathroom is old and everything is almost linking. If you want to eat european, you can eat in the hotel restaurant but for local senegalese it is not the best place I will advice. My husband tried their thiebou djen and was not satisfied at all.

Room Tip: Always ask for the sea view side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PULLMAN T, Directeur général at Pullman Dakar Teranga, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you for having taken time to write us following your stay to the Pullman Dakar Teranga, also for sparring your time to write us.
Our food and beverage manager has taken note of your comments and will do all the necessary for improving the quality of our local meats like Thieboudieun.
In fact, the Direction and all the employees are conscious of the outdatedness of the hotel and will continue to satisfy you until the renovation of the hotel which is very expected soon.
Looking forward waiting you in Pullman Dakar Teranga,

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I made my reservation at the front desk. The front desk did not take my reservation but called someone and made me make the reservation on the phone which was suspicious. Then come to find out they overcharged me over $100 USD per day. I was paying $280 per night. When I found out there over Internet rate was only $147 per night they said too bad I had to check out and recheck back in.
Also the air conditioning system is very poor even after calling them to fix it multiple times. I cant sleep in the heat especially when it so hot that you are sweating. The employees overall are helpful but the front desk people have a stick up there you know what.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 220 bad air conditioning unit
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PULLMAN T, Directeur général at Pullman Dakar Teranga, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr Imran,

Your reservation was taken by the central reservation which has proposed you a promotional rate without sale conditions.
When you are made your reservation the rate that you said was not available, it was closed because at the date of 12 June, the hotel was full.
We are sorry for this inconvenient but we have several level of rate with sale conditions or not and follow the activity of the hotel, some rates are closed.
We look forward waiting you soon in Pullman Dakar Teranga,
Your sincerely.

Torre Boldone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have stayed both here and in the Novotel in Dakar. The Teranga is an older building and in many ways could do with a resfresh. However the location is great and the view from the restaurant patio is wonderful. The buffet is usually fine and moderately priced. There is a nice pool area too. Rooms overlooking the sea are the best so get a high floor (7+) if possible on that side. There is often music in the bar and in any case there is also a very good restaurant to walk to around the corner if you want a change (Lagon 2).

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PULLMAN T, Directeur général at Pullman Dakar Teranga, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Sir Boldon,
We are sorry that the service was not as high as your expectations and ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.
Concerning the outdatedness of our product, a renovation of the hotel is planned for very soon. And let us remain always avid to offer you the best quality of service for your stays. Be assured at all the necessary measures will be implemented to improve the quality.
I look forward waiting you soon in Pullman Dakar Teranga,
Your sincerely.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel has captured a wonderful corner of Dakar. At the pool side you would have no idea you were in the centre of town . Wonderfully located and central . The breakfast is great as long as you buy a fully inclusive rate otherwise it is absurdly expensive . Don' t expect this hotel to sort out anything unusual. Has an ATM within the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
PULLMAN T, Directeur général at Pullman Dakar Teranga, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mrs,

Our staff is very sensitive to your comments and thanks you for it.
We are very happy to know that you have passed a good stay and that you loved the services offered by our hotel.
Concerning the breakfast, our food and beverage manager has taken well note and will not miss to work on it.

Alain THOMAS

Been to Pullman Dakar Teranga? Share your experiences!