“Very nice hotel on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Martin Luther King, Dakar 1179 , Senegal   |
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Dakar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midwest
“Very nice hotel on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I stayed at the Terrou Bi for 3 days. Room, service, food all great. Very relaxing to lay out on a beach chair and have a beautiful dinner brought to you. Many of the staff spoke some English. The sun was strong but the steady breeze off of the ocean kept the beach area cool. I felt completely safe and relaxed traveling alone at this hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a room with balconey on the ocean side
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This beautiful, luxurious,spacious quiet hotel is located a stone throw away from it's
private secluded beach which from this view you only see and exprience the claming
waves and blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
This was the first time my daughter and my two grandchildren had visited Africa
(my fourth) we had ajoining rooms and I was thankful that I could not hear their t.v. or
the loud talking and laugther that usually accompany them when they are together.
I give the hotel staff,espeacilly the front desk receptionist & the concierges a tumb's
up.They were extremely helpful when we needed them. However we were disappointed that the gym wasn't up and running. After an 18 hr. flight from U.S.A. we could've used the excecise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bad Homburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

My partner and I arrived in the early hours (0500hrs) of the morning to check in. At the reception we requested a late check out at 15:00 hours. Since we were being charged the full rate, the gentlemen at the reception agreed to our late checkout request and said there will be no extra charge. At around 10:00 hrs we were awaken by telephone call from the reception to inform us that the check out time is 12:00 hrs. My partner informed them that we had agreed on a late checkout. At 10:30 hr the telephone rang again with the same message and our reply was also the same that we have requested and agreed on a late checkout. At 11:00hr it was the same call again, this continued at every half-an-hour time interval. At 12:00 when the phone rang again I requested to speak to the manager, who came on to the phone and did not show any respect for us as hotel guest and demanded that we check out at 12:00 hrs. We then got up and packed our luggage and went to the reception to checkout. At the reception I asked the receptionist if she could check whether our room was marked for a late checkout. She confirmed that an entry was made for a late checkout. So I requested to speak to the manager, I was told that he has an appointment outside the hotel so unavailable. We noticed there was no water or tea in the room, the only source of some to drink was the mini bar.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
washington D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Am writing this review from the hotel. It is a beautiful hotel and it is very clean and stylish. Has its own private beach and the pool is decent. The water, however in the pool is not heated and its freezing. Also, no workout room, which the hotel really needs. Food is pretty good, but very expensive. Also, literally, no one speaks English, which makes it pretty difficult to do anything--order food, etc. I speak 4 languages, so usually, not a big problem, but here, it got annoying. Overall, i would probably stay here again, but may try the Radisson -blue, which is right down the street. One other plus--free internet in the room, which is nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed for work for 3 days. My hand luggage was misplaced on the Iberia flight from London. I have only now got my bag back 12 days later. If you fly Iberia from N.Europe via Madrid to Dakar, your bag will almost definitely not make it to Dakar. Knowing this I only took hand luggage. However I foolishly let the cabin crew take this from me, as I thought they were putting it in a space in first class – however I did not see the bag again for 12 days! Apparently this happens a lot as Senegalese people take goods back to Senegal from Spain and there seems to be no hand luggage limit.
Arriving at the hotel with no bags I was offered only a toothbrush, I wasn’t offered a comb, mouthwash, dressing gown, a complimentary wash kit, anything that might make my stay a little easier. For a 5* hotel I thought this was very poor. Staff didn’t seem to care that I had no bags, that my bags were missing, or that I might have things in their I needed - which I did - my anti-malarials.
The hotel itself – clean and comfortable rooms, very large and very comfortable beds. Confernce rooms were a good size. It is on the beach.
Food in the restaurant was fabulous French food, but I felt I could be anywhere in the Francophone world.
Would I stay again – no, too generic, too French, too uncaring.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dakar, Senegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Terrou-bi is a new and beautiful hotel on the seaside. Rooms and bathrooms are very nice and clean. There are two restaurants, one inside the hotel and one "pizzeria" which is partly inside and outside. Pizza's here are the best in Dakar and the food and cocktails are great. Breakfast is very good too. The swimming pool is nice (but not spectacular as for example in the radisson) and only a few meters further is the hotel's private beach. Conference rooms are nice and the service is great. This hotel offers very good quality !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
france
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Wonderful few days spent chilling in the hotel by the pool/beach. Staff were very friendly, attentive, and professional. Room, pool and restaurants were very clean. Great choice of food, good chef suggestions and of very good quality. Will definitely stay there again if we come back to Dakar.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Terrou-Bi? Share your experiences!