“Fabulous and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Dakar
Montclair, New Jersey
“Fabulous and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson for several nights while I was in Dakar for a conference. It is really a stunning property -- sleek and sophisticated. I have to admit I expected snootiness from the hotel staff since that often accompanies the super-modern high-end aesthetic, but in fact the staff were lovely.

I was staying at the hotel on my birthday, and I'm not even sure how they knew that (maybe I provided it when I signed up for their loyalty program?) but they brought me a really nice cake on the day. AND--not only did the front office folks wish me a happy birthday, but when I wandered down to the bar later to buy a bottle of water, somehow the bartenders also knew it was my birthday and sang to me! It was really kind of awesome. My other non-birthday-related interactions with the staff were pretty uniformly great.

I didn't like the room I was initially given on the first floor because it had a view of an A/C unit, but they did move me to a higher-level room on the 2nd day that was much better and had a great view of the pool and ocean.

All of my colleagues were very jealous of my hotel, so I think it compares very favorably to others in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid the first-floor "sea view" rooms, which are too low to really have a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Conakry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

best pool ever seen ! really one of the best places in Dakar. prices not cheap but for business hotel ok. but nice to spent a evening there

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tyumen, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I will not say much. It is the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. Not only is the general level of service and rooms exemplary, but the place is simply really well-designed. It is quite beautiful in itself.

The restaurant food is very good too.

Naturally, it is far too expensive to my taste, but I stayed there on business so the price was not a concern.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Blu from Dec. 18-Dec 21. 2011

I had a WONDERFUL experience at the hotel.

The rooms were nice (nothing extravagant), customer service was excellent and the food was delicious especially by African standards.

The thing I loved most about this hotel was the gorgeous view from the pool area...the scenary was breathtaking and it wasn't too hot to sit outside.

The breakfast was free, and had a wide selection of food. We especially loved the local juice (cant remember the name, but its dark red in color)

We went for my aunt's 50th birthday so we had around 20 people in our group.

We had both the welcome dinner and formal dinner, and both occasions were very nice and intimate. The food was especially good on both occasions and the customer service superb.

The only issue I can think of, was the language barrier. Only two people spoke french out of the group, and the most of the staff didn't speak english either so it could get confusing sometimes especially given the size of the group. (Although that really shouldn't be a complaint-- we should just learn french!)

I also, liked the fact that the hoel was attached to the mall which had a nice spa (Buddha Spa). It was very convenient.

The selection at the mall was surprisingly good ( they had an Aldo shoes store and Mango).
It was modern and had a decent variety of stores.

All in all i was very impressed with the hotel, I would definitely recommend the place to anyone wishing to visit Dakar.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mauritius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Spent 2 nights during a business trip in west Africa. The Radisson Blu is up to part with business hotels of the same category in Dubai or Singapore. Great view, good food and very freindly staff. I will definetly come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was staying at another hotel but join to the new years eve dinner. after that spent all my free time there. Excellent ocean & pool view with world wide standarts of high quality environment and menu... even i didn't stay at the hotel they let me to use high speed free wifi so i can make my skype calls.
Service will develop i guess but everybody is willing to help you with smiling. Really surprised with what i see at Dakar..
Hotel has an entrance to the city mall and Little Buddha also... If i visit Dakar again its my choice without hesitate.

By the way must try swordfish with coconut !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I travel in West Africa a great deal, and by far, the best hotel in the entire region is the Radisson Blue in Dakar, with an infinity pool looking out across the ocean, fabulous service, the best seafood brunch on Sundays and impeccable service. I never miss an opportunity to stay here.

Room Tip: Facing the sea
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Dakar? Share your experiences!