This hotel over promises and under delivers. Here are the issues we had while spending a night here (thankfully was only one night):
- We emailed details for an airport transfer -- and they wrote back confirming 8hrs beforehand
- We arrived at 10pm (on schedule) and had to call the hotel to ask where our transfer was. The person on reception made us feel stupid saying "he is in the airport waiting for you" -- while clearly he wasn't. We had to call back and ask again and he was adamant that he was there. We saw him drive into the airport carpark at about 10:30pm.
- There was no customer service from any of the staff
- The room was below basic -- sheets smelled like mildew, taps were broken, many things torn/ripped etc.
- No bottled water is available in the room (or to buy from reception)
- Credit card machine didn't work -- so make sure to bring cash.
I know it is cheap, but it is not worth the $70. Pay a few dollars extra and stay in a hotel you will at least enjoy
- Also Known As:
- Chez Lando Kigali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Chez Lando, is your first window to Rwanda. At Chez Lando, we apply the tradition of Rwandan hospitality to the needs of modern travelers; we cater to the smallest detail of your stay. Our quaint garden-style hotel is located just five minutes from Kigali International Airport and is right on the way to the heart of town. ... more less