“Did not honor my reservation” 1 of 5 stars

Inside Afrika
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   46 Rue de Lac Mpanga, Kigali 1933, Rwanda   |
Ranked #30 of 89 Kigali B&B and Inns
Boston
“Did not honor my reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have lived in Rwanda for a year and really wanted to try this new hotel, so I booked it for family the night they arrived in Kigali. Unfortunately, when we arrived, they acted as if they did not have our reservation (even though I called 2 times to confirm). In addition, instead of admitting they lost the reservation, they then said that a man was sick and could not check out as scheduled...I found this a little suspect, as another "trip advisor" reviewer wrote that the same thing happened to her. I have never written a bad review on anything on trip advisor, but if Inside Afrika wants to be considered a top-rate boutique hotel, they need to get their reservation system worked out. Thankfully, we knew the area, and booked another hotel on our own, but I would not recommend booking here if you are coming from outside the country, as they may lose your reservation.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here two nights, and it was the best room of my three week tour. Beautiful view across a quiet pool (no one swam in it, more like a reflecting pond - but you can use it). Nice staff. And the internet worked all the time! Good breakfast. Safe location, with a security guard on duty. Nice decorations, and not threadbare and run down like several places I stayed at. Good location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

After three months teaching in Rwanda my husband joined me and we stayed in Inside Afrika room 103. It was glorious. The pool was right at our door and I swam every chance I got. After many cold showers, the hot shower was nirvana. And swimming was heavenly. Loved the breakfast. The staff are wonderful. So glad to de stress there for a few days.

Room Tip: 103. next to pool amd breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We were a group of three couple visiting Kigali. One of our party booked this boutique hotel for our four night stay and it was fantastic! Great and friendly staff, located within walking distance of the city centre and a number of restaurants. Safe neighborhood (the whole city seemed very safe at all hours with no cautionary tales of after dark areas to avoid). Great value for money, great rooms and delicious complimentary breakfast.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Chichester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I arrived late at night my first time in Africa to be taken to another hotel as my reservation had not been honored. Also worth noting is that I was told that my taxi to Ruhengeri would be 400.00. I knew from a friend to pay 100 dollars max for a small car. I really wanted to stay here so I could wake up my first day and take a swim but I did get a good night sleep and had a wonderful dinner and breakfast at Gorilla Hotel. Gorilla is not updated but it's really friendly and has a lively scene in the open air restaurant.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

this place is really nice. the room is very big and the pool nice and clean. breakfast is a bit poor....
the decoration is very african. the personal we found was a bit indifferent, but pleasant.
there is a restaurant next door which should be good (we haven't tried it).
little things do not function....(like door locks etc), but this is rwanda.
you can hardly find anything similar in kigali for that amount of money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Frnkfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

a very poor hotel, the location is fine, but zthe prices and the service are very poor
the breakfast is stupid and poor

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Inside Afrika? Share your experiences!