“Great view, good rooms & somewhat okay food :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beausejour

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kigali
Hotel Beausejour
You added Hotel Beausejour to your Saves list
Boulevard de l'Umuganda (Airport Boulevard), Kigali, Rwanda   |
Ranked #19 of 89 Kigali B&B and Inns
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Great view, good rooms & somewhat okay food :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed here several times this year, the rooms are nice, with great view etc. The restaurant is pretty decent, even though the options are limited, the food tastes good. And if you don't like the food, you can go next door to "Cafe Luna" which is a great Italian restaurant. The free shuttle (not very comfy) from and to airport is a great value addition to comparatively cheaper accommodation. The service at the reception has always been good, and the restaurant also the same. And has a spa at the ground floor, decent and great.

I would recommend anyone who is looking for a great hotel for a decent amount in Kigali. Costs about 70-80$ a night.

Room Tip: Email them in advance and ask for the rooms on floors 4 and above.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kigali, Rwanda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I visited this place last month, I was with my friend. We wanted somewhere we can go for having fun in the weekend. To find a place where to seat it was difficult... We asked one waiter if we could find a place to seat, he told us that there are no chairs. After we decided to go to another hotel...when we reached to the gate that waiter come back and told us that chairs are available. We come back and seat, immediately we asked for drinks and wait for ......1,2 hours to get our drinks. What makes us feeling bad is that when we wanted to move to another place the head waiter told us to be patient.... I hated this place I'm sorry

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Beausejour for seven nights in March 2014 and would happily stay there again. I would also endorse the many positive comments made by other reviewers. My room was on the 6th floor and the view from my balcony of the hilly southern suburbs of Kigali (see photos) was magnificent. My bed was comfortable and came with a mosquito net, which was definitely necessary, as there were a few of the little blighters buzzing around after dark. The water pressure in the bathroom was excellent, as was the free Internet wi-fi connection. The room was also equipped with a TV (which I never turned on) and a small fridge. There was, however, no fan or air conditioning; as it was quite humid at night, it was not easy keeping cool, even with the balcony doors open (but with mosquito netting drawn). I also found the neon lighting rather harsh.

I found the hotel staff pleasant and courteous. The breakfast was fine, with fresh fruit on offer every day. Their omelettes were very tasty and well-prepared. I did not have any other meals in the hotel restaurant. Right next door there is an excellent Italian restaurant (Sol e Luna), where I dined several evenings; and at the roundabout at the top of the road (turn right when you leave the hotel and walk uphill for five minutes or so) there is a very good restaurant at the Chez Lando Hotel. There are also exchange bureaux, small supermarkets and pharmacies there. This is a good place to find a taxi to take you to the ctiy centre (taxi drivers seemed happy to accept 4,000 Rwandan francs, though some held out for 5,000). There are also small minibuses going into town (usually jam packed); they cost next to nothing, I believe. You can also take a 'moto' (motorbike taxi), which costs only 1,000 francs. I tried the latter only once and felt reasonably safe, though I had to ask the driver not to go too fast ('paulie, paulie' in Kinyarwandan!).

The Hotel Beausejour is a decent three star option in the mid-price category (I paid 70 US$ for a single room, including breakfast). It seems to be a popular venue for conferences and seminars, judging from the 'through traffic' I observed over breakfast. All in all, I would recommend it - although some visitors might prefer to stay somewhere closer to the city centre. It is, however, very close to the airport, which might suit some people more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as rooms at the front overlook a busy main road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed for 4- nights,Convenient for the airport. Price is on the high side for what you get but rooms are clean, Breakfast is edible. Staff are attentive but not that well trained.The dinner is not to be recommended....overall OK

Room Tip: Back side rooms are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I recently stayed in Beausejour for 5 nights on business trip. Though the rooms on the front side are located next to a busy road, the rooms on the back are quiet, spacious and clean. The dinner is not to be recommended but next door is a very nice italian restaurant. Breakfast is uninspiring but ask for some eggs, you have to take some initiative here yourself. The hotel has a serious problem with security, there is no safe in your room nor at the reception. During our stay someone got inside our,locked, bags and took about 130€. Apparently the key locks with number combinations and special opening for customs at the airport can't be trusted. We reported this to Mr Ntaganda, the owner, who replied us very unfriendly and concluded in fact to get lost.. The reception clerk however mentioned us that it wasn't the first problem, so make sure everything is locked properly with normal chain locks..

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a back side room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Usa River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Convenient for the airport. Price is on the high side for what you get but rooms are clean, shower very good, with great water pressure. Breakfast is edible. Might try the guest house next time. Staff are attentive but not that well trained. Traffic noise can be annoying if you are on the front side of the hotel. Nice Italian restaurant up the road.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our last stop in a 16 day overland camping trip from Kenya. Anyone who has done that kind of trip will appreciate the importance of 'clean and everything works'!
Have to say we were very impressed by the service at this hotel; especially the bar staff who went out of their way to accommodate our group of 17 on the balcony. Don't expect to be able to buy 'champagne' or sparkling wine to celebrate though - once I got the exchange rate right, the cheapest bottle was US$123! I think this is more a reflection on availability for the country rather than a negative for the hotel - just something to be aware of. Apart from that it felt like paradise after the Exodus tour.

Close to the Kigali airport - only 10 minutes at 3.30am.
Hotel's shops and hair salon not open on a Sunday. Shopping centre close by didn't seem used to tourists.

Wish I'd remembered the comment someone had made about the room at the back - traffic noise was pretty loud, but I was so tired from the tour and had earplugs, so we got by.

No air conditioning in the room we had. I was ok, but my brother and his wife (in another room) got no sleep because they were far too hot. Check at reception to see if you have a choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Beausejour? Share your experiences!