“Appreciated” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Kigali
Kigali, Rwanda
“Appreciated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We are here with my family for a week now,A friend booked this hotel for me since i insisted on getting the hotel on the quite place of the city for me to have good time with my family:
I really appreciate the effort done by the management to supervise the quality of services delivered:
I enjoyed the friendly environment,professionalism and hospitality shown to us;
Food was good,Room comfort was excellent-
we enjoyed, as we say bye to Kigali, i hope when i come back this will be my destination:

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Baraka M, Marketing Executive at The Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Mike,
Thanks for sharing your experience at the Manor Hotel:
It is our pleasure that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us;
Again thank you for your stay and Welcome back to the Manor Hotel:
Merry Christmas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for three weeks while on business. As a guest, the rooms are good and the beds comfortable. The water in the shower can take a while to warm up but comes good in the end. The food was excellent including the breakfast.

The internet worked well

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I give the hotel 5 stars for service as a guest.

I will give a separate review regarding the conference facilities. They were good but we needed the same room over two weeks. The staff said this was fine but then they started to change our room without warning or giving notice. This caused so much disruption to our work. Such a shame the higher management let themselves down on this aspect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and nice views of the 1000 hills of Kigali
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Baraka M, Marketing Executive at The Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest;
Thank you for the positive review and the good rating for the Manor Hotel;
Your review has been taken seriously, and we are sure that it will help us to serve you better when you come back:
While thanking you for the review we do also apologize for the inconvenience caused when we changed the conference hall with out you getting the notice:
Welcome again to the Manor Hotel:
Kigali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The location is perfect for those who want to have a good night view of new Kigali city.
Food was nice, and I don’t have any complain on cleanliness and services:
This was my second time in Rwanda, and I could confess that this was far better than the five star hotel where I stayed before:
Staff are so friendly I would obviously recommend it:

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Baraka M, Marketing Executive at The Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your fair review, and it was a pleasure for us to host you:
Manor hotel is striving hard to provide the best services:
We make sure that guest comments and advice are taken into considerations:
For you to enjoy more when you do come back:
Thanks again and Welcome to the Manor Hotel-Kigali
Nicosia, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I'm travelling to Africa the last 6 years and this hotel was probably the worst hotel I've ever been to. I don't recommend it to any business traveller.

Pros:
- Price
- Friendly staff

Cons:
- No security at all
- Rooms smell awfully and of course rooms are not clean enough (at least not to my standards)
- Cockroaches in the bathroom
- Food is bad. I really don't understand why a small hotel should have 3 restaurants. Smalls hotels should have one restaurant with a small-manageable menu and good food quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Manor hotel, well set out on a rising hill, looked splendid in its rich splendour.
I was there for a Gala Dinner with professional friends and after a sumptuous meal and relaxing environment, some of my colleagues got trapped in the panoramic lift. This is not out of place but the bizarre discovery was that there was no maintenance engineer on site and the door release key of the lift was nowhere to be found despite an admission by one of the staff that the lift had previously exhibited similar dangerous fits in operation.
The manager just simply disappeared from the scene and the staff (even the senior ones) were trading someone else off as the manager. Nobody was willing to call the Fire Service, not even the Manager when i eventually found him. Very strange!
It was a terrible half hour nightmare completely unexpected of such a high profile facility.
The staff eventually forced open the lift doors and let the poor ladies and gentlemen out.
Anxious ending to a beautiful night out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Baraka M, Marketing Executive at The Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest;
Thank you for your review and good description of our hotel;
What you experienced is not characteristic of the level of service we are striving to provide, and we do apologize that your stay ended that way.
Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.”
Regards
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

If service means a lot to you. This is a place that will bend over backwards to give you the best. Daniel head of reservations and concierge gives me hope that this continent actually can impress me with 1st class & 1st world service.

My only 'complaint' is breakfast. Otherwise there's a gym, large comfy beds a tv, aircon & bar fridge and 3 choices of on-site restaurants.

very happy customer

• Stayed September 2013
Baraka M, Marketing Executive at The Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We enjoyed every minute we were with you!

Thank you for the good recommendation:
We have taken a note on the mentioned complain, and we promise this will not happen again:

Once again thank you and Welcome again to The Manor Hotel:
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

When I visited Kigali, I wasn't sure of a place to stay till a colleague suggested that I stay there. At the time I wanted to stay in Serena but it was all booked. Am happy I got to stay at The Manor as the place exceeded my expectations. Service was excellent and the staff were courteous and friendly.

The food was awesome especially breakfast and wouldn't go anywhere else to spend my night, when am in Kigali.

What can I say - I Love the place!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your appreciation.
It was our pleasure to be with you.
Hope to meet you again!

Been to The Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!