“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heaven Restaurant and Inn

Heaven Restaurant and Inn
No. 7, Street 29 | Kiyovu, Kigali, Rwanda (Formerly Heaven Restaurant and Bar)
+250788486581
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Heaven Restaurant & Inn opened in May of 2008 in the lovely neighborhood of Kiyovu. Started as a social enterprise to improve service levels in the hospitality sector and create employment, Heaven is consistently ranked one of the country's top restaurants with a spectacular ambience on a custom-built outdoor terrace overlooking the entire city.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

I stayed at the Inn and had a few meals at Heaven. The chef's tasting menu was truly spectacular. Definitely the best meal I have had in East Africa.

The quality, originality and presentation of the food was top-notch. The meal was a bit pricey by Rwanda standards, but it was well worth it. The Chef was very friendly and came by to check on my meal. The service and atmosphere were also very good.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leiden, Nederland
“As if we weren't there. Or maybe invisible ? ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 NEW

The titel says it all. I really don't like to write a negative review but I can't say different then that we were really disappointed by our visit to Heaven. We heard good stories about the place and the reviews on TripAdvisor are good as well but the day we visited was the same as they were filming something so I truly hope my disappointment is because they had a different evening because of that. When we arrived we saw some lights in the middle of the room around one table. The staff looked quit nervous and all eyes were at the lighted table (obviously). The setting was not as we expected. When you're up to a nice evening to catch up with friends you hope for a peaceful and quit surrounding. Not the case. It took forever before someone came to ask what we wanted to drink. This was BTW a consistent behaviour. The whole serving staff was not focused on anyone else than the lighted table. At some point, (and we still didn't had anything to drink after at least more than a half an hour) the waiter was serving the lighted table their drinks but was so nervous he made a mistake and the whole tray with drinks ended up in the neck of my friend. She was drenched in white wine. Again because the staff was to busy with something else. This issue wasn't handled with care. It wasn't handled at all. And don't get me wrong. I have been working in restaurants for over ten years so I know that mistakes like that can happen. This night we had the constant feeling as if we were forgotten. The food was Oké but couldn't compensate the lack of love we had hoped to receive by coming to Heaven. It felt more like hell.

“Wowed by Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently went to Heaven for the chef's tasting menu, which I highly recommend. Spring for the beverage pairing--it's well worth it. They change the menu every week, and the ingredients are often sourced from local markets or grown on site. The Nile perch was exceptional, as was the beef fillet. The presentation is particularly impressive.

I love a good mojito, and Heaven's is among the best I've had anywhere. To sum it up: exquisite food, enchanting ambiance, and excellent cocktails. Definitely put this place on your must-visit list.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Heaven_Restaurant, Manager at Heaven Restaurant and Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the wonderful review on our restaurant and service.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great experience with us. Heaven family appreciate clients remarks and values their views.

The entire team is very encouraged and we promise our best and will always strive to keep the standards above the expectations.
Kigali, Rwanda
“Like it but don't love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

I've been to Heaven a few times over the years and I just can't seem to love it like so many others do. I think that part of the problem for me is that it's always full of internationals and I always wonder why the Rwandans seem to stay away.

My most recent visit was for Saturday brunch and they had a 'make your own pancake' event. The pancakes were nice but I've had better elsewhere in Kigali. My boyfriend ordered an omelette and was of the same opinion as me 'nice but have had better'.

The view is always lovely and I've only had problems with slow service once and it was very busy at the time.

• Visited December 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking time to review our service. We are glad you are one of our regular clients and your appreciation of the excellent view from Heaven Restaurant. We have taken note of your concern, and just to highlight on our operations, Heaven is open to both the local and International clients.

Aparently, It is may be true, the higher percentage of our clients are International but a good percentage also is made of the local clientele. This is probably due to individual preference which we may have less control, referrals and TripAdvisor, as well as the menu served. Management has considered your concern and more of local dishes are now featured on the menu. We also host local weddings and related occassions.

As well, due to our association with the local artisians Like Aziz Craft, Terra Eco Tours, Inema Gallery, and several local and cultural events hosted at Heaven, the international market has favoured our restaurant.

The crepes we make on Saturday and Sunday Brunch are specifically created to serve as Brunch item, They may be slight different from any other outlet. However, our concept for the Brunch is Make your own Crepe, We will be more than happy to host you again and discuss your taste.
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

Excellent view of the hills of Rwanda and a welcoming staff.
The people at Heaven are devoted to the citizens of Kigali....

Visited January 2014
We do appreciate your kind comments. It is encouraging to know how much you love our place. Thank you for being part of Heaven family and supporting our noble vision - to do the best for the society.