Love this hotel, maybe because there's always loads to do, there's the pool that's always buzzing, the basketball courts, the restaurants, the club, it's like a little hub in abuja. I wouldn't go here for a getaway or a peaceful holiday, more for a city break type holiday. The service is decent and the rooms are clean and are a decent size, the pool is huge but if you want to sit down you need to get to it early. My only issue is the price! Relative to Nigerian pricing, nigerian inflation and the Nigerian currency this hotel has almost priced itself out of the market especially for what it is! I've stayed in nicer places, with better service and paid a lot less. Perhaps its because they don't have a lot of competition in the area but still this is definitely one of the more expensive Hilton's I've come across and this is from a Londoner!
Another irritating thing was the prostitutes about that were probably looking for business men or tourists with cash to spend. They approached our 15 year old little brother and it was a bit distressing, working with hoteliers I've come to learn that there's a certain understanding between hotel staff and prostitutes, but this is just unacceptable, propositioning a little boy, there's quite a few prostitutes about and something should be done to regulate that.
Would definitely stay again despite that though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Nigeria's capital city in close proximity to government offices, business and diplomatic districts, Transcorp Hilton offers 670 art-deco style rooms and suites for the comfort of discernible travellers. The spacious, bright and airy rooms are complete with original artwork and have large windows with stunning city views. Catch up with work at the desk, check your emails with high-speed internet (fees apply), recline on the mini chaise lounge or simply re-energise in the marble bathroom.From local Nigerian and continental cuisines to themed international buffets, Transcorp Hilton offers a delightful culinary experience with 4 restaurants and 4 bars. The hotel boasts a hi-tech, 1200-persons capacity Congress Hall and 24 meeting rooms. All benefit from natural daylight and individually controlled air conditioning, creating an ideal location for Board Meetings, Press Conferences, Receptions or Private Dining Parties. The Mezzanine and Foyer areas surrounding the Congress Hall enjoy natural daylight and provide an ideal location for registration, exhibition or display area, refreshment, breakfast or pre dinner cocktails. For the fitness enthusiast, the hotel boasts a well-equipped fitness center including saunas, a large hexagonal outdoor swimming pool and children's wading pool, 3 tennis courts, 3 squash courts, volleyball and basketball courts ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Jovago.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Transcorp Hilton Abuja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Transcorp Hilton Abuja Hotel Abuja
- Hilton International Abuja
- Hilton Abuja
- Abuja Hilton