TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

You added Sheraton Abuja Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Abuja Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ladi Kwali Way, Maitama, Abuja PMB143, Nigeria   |
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Abuja
“The shame of the Sheraton chain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Ick! The rooms are dank and all of the doors to the rooms look as if they have been attacked in a robbery or something sinister. Although there are people with guns at the entrance giving a sense of security, the floors that the rooms are on do not feel safe. The "spa" area is disgusting.
On the positive side the staff is nice and they do try to make things better. They just don't have much to work with. Also, while the breakfast is only okay, there are two other restaurants within the hotel compound that are good and offer a great deal of variety. The Italian restaurant is a good choice for selections ranging from full meals to soup and antipasto bar. The steak restaurant serves average to good beef with lots of "trimmings" including good bread and sauces.
I believe that they are currently renovating the hotel and I'm hoping to see improvements on my next trip to Abuja.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your candid review, we are in the process of renovating the property, which will address the majority of the concerns mentioned. WIll relay your postive comments on the food and service to the best staff in Africa. Please do let me know when you are in Abuja next.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Iftar @ sheraton hotel and towers Abuja was fun especially being attended to by nice and friendly staffs.I want to say a big THANK YOU to the two female staffs that made sure I was OK whenever I come to break my fast FATIMA & OLUCHI I really appreciate their efforts,I was particularly shocked when I found out that the other wasn't a muslim but indeed she was wonderful unfortunately I couldn't complete the break of my fast here in abuja because I had to travel for a meeting.I really appreciate THANK YOU GUYS

• Stayed July 2014
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your kind review - much appreciated. Will share your comments with my staff, they will be so happy. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed on business for 5 days
Able to check into my room after an overnight flight which was helpful
Staff were generally friendly and keen to obtain customer feedback on their iPads.
Took 3 days to get hot water. Eventually got some by turning on all the taps fully and running them for over 5 minutes
Free wi-fi and reasonable breakfast
Rooms were clean if a little tired. Make sure your door shuts. Aircon functional if a little noisy.
Elevators were a little bit of a lottery.
Able to choose your own pasta combination in the Italian restaurant.
Overall I guess you arn't going to get the same standards in Abuja as eleswhere. The prices are relatively high however on balance I think I'd choose the Sheraton over the Hilton based on recent stays in both.

Room Tip: Make sure your door closes. Ask to change rooms if you are not happy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback, much appreciated. Hope to welcome you back in Abuja soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Took a kong time checking in as the reception claimed that the computer system was down, and everything had to be done manually. Staff very inflexible, as only one male porter available to accompany guests to their rooms, to open for manually for them with master key, as not able to create electronic key as system down. I felt one of the four reception staff who were standing around idly could have accompanied the guests up.
I was sleeping in my room in the afternoon. My sleep was disturbed twice. Once by a housekeeping staff who pressed the door bell none stop till I came to the door, then said : Just checking, have a nice stay. Two hours later, the phone rang, and it was a staff asking his was my stay! Totally unnecessary.
My friend, who was a female like me, forgot to match her door after shutting it. A man opened the door and came in!
I wondered about security: whether all these unnecessary calls were to check if the guest had left the room, and that if so, whether any belongings in the room were safe or would be stolen.
The wifi was mostly quite good, at times fluctuating.
Buffet lunch was quite good.
Their was a spa massage service available. For female guests to be massaged by male masseurs, with a security staff standing by for safety.

Room Tip: Tell the reception to make sure hotel staff do not knock on door, or call your room, just to check i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and candid comments. I can assure you nobody contacted you to check your room for the reasons you mentioned but to ensure you were well taken care off. We will continue to work on our service levels and do hope we have an opportunity to rectify your perceptions in the not too distant future.
Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

A lot has improved in Sheraton abuja,been quite long i came there bt on dis occasion i was there for a wedding on the 15th of June in the ladi quali hall,had a wonderful time and i enjoyed d food but i spilled soup on my cloth so i couldn't go out with d clothe wit the stains immediately one of your staff (i guess she is the youngest in ladi quali hall),she immediately walked up to me on noticing wat happened offered to take the cloth to the laundry but i declined because i had another clothe to change into,she rushed and got a laundry bag for me to put the soiled clothe and directed me to one of the meeting rooms to change.Honestly a chat with her will unveil some things about her(sorry i couldn't recall her name).I love Sheraton and i am impressed

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for you kind comments. It truly means a lot to all my staff and I.
Sandton, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

There is an Italian restaurant at the Sheraton which does the best pizza at very affordable prices. other items on the menu such as the mushroom risotto are also delicious. The staff there are very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for the review, much appreciated - you are right we do make a great Pizza :) Please do let me know when you are in Abuja next.
Telford,Shropshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have just arrived but I must point out that I am an SPG Platinum member and have stayed here on several occasions, this may have some bearing.
I was greeted with a warm welcome even at 6am and was checked in quickly which is very good especially having come off a long haul flight. The room was one of the refurbished ones and everything worked well except for a couple of light bulbs - they were replaced in less than 20minutes after the issue was bought to the attention of the front desk.
Throughout the day all the staff I saw met me with a smile and a "welcome back Mr. Dave, we have missed you".
The hotel has and still is having some major facelifts and all the staff I have seen and spoke too so far are really willing to help and to make sure your stay is a pleasant one, some even go beyond their duties to help.
I think the general manager at present is really turning this hotel round, he seems to have the co-operation and willingness of staff and I have seen so many improvements, well done to all. I look forward to the rest of my 4 week stay.
Dave

Room Tip: Try and get one over looking the pool side as this is much quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the great review, we are honored to have you as our guest. Do let me know if I may be of service.

Boris Bornman

Been to Sheraton Abuja Hotel? Share your experiences!