TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Good value but no food!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Nordic Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Abuja
The Nordic Villa
You added The Nordic Villa to your Saves list
52, Mike Akhigbe Way | Jabi, Abuja 900003, Nigeria   |
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Abuja
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good value but no food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed 3 days at Nordic Villa in March 2013.
The room was OK, although not very large, the email was working most of the time, but there is no restaurant at the place and nothing around, so better have a have a car if you go there!
The visa card system did not work, so you have to have cash and the rate was very poor, so better have local money!
They have a shuttle for the airport but it is $60 one way!
People are nice, security is good and generator was on most of the time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear ClaudeFGCP 21, The Nordic Villa team appreciates your patronage and feedback. The observation you made both positive and negative assist us in refining and improving on our services rendering to you and our other esteem guests who though have other alternative hotels in Abuja but choose The Nordic Villa to be the place to stay.
Am happy to let you know that we now have some good and affordable restaurants with us that offer free delivery and affordable prices.
Hope you will visit us again soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

A great little hotel. Very safe and good service. Can't really complain about anything - room was clean and well furnished. Rooms were cleaned regularly. No restaurant nearby but that was ok as I had a driver. Breakfast was nice ( a little small).

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tracy S, The Nordic Villa team and I are grateful for your feedback following your recent stay with us. It is feedback such as yours which help perfect our services offering to you and our other esteem guests.
We will never take your patronage for granted and that’s why we must always strive to improve in our services.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

lagos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked a room in the Nordic villa because of the positive comments I read on trip advisor. The hotel is a bit difficult to locate, thought the directions on the official website did help to get there.

Though I only stayed a night in the hotel, the stay was pleasant and almost uneventful. The Copenhagen room I stayed in was clean and spacious, compared to other hotel rooms, with a spacious bathroom. The staff were pleasant and seem ready to help. The bed was OK and the room was relatively clean.

Negatives: I purchased a bottle of water and the staff who brought the water never came back with the balance of my change, inspite of his promise to do so; I had to sleep with a persistent noise (sounded like someone blowing a trumpet) from the bathroom which could not be resolved because the plumber was not around during the night; the cover for the electrical surface trunking needs to be fixed as its coming off in some places and looks quite unsightly. The shear cutain on one of the windows had come off the rail and i had to fix it myself, besides that there was no way to completely shut out light on that window.
The rooms (perhaps the one i slept in) are not quite insulted against noise as I could tell every time someone came up the stairs or knocked on adjacent room doors

I did not get to taste any meal in the Hotel so I cannot comment on the quality of the food served.

Potentially a nice hotel and I would not mind staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear tsanni,
The Nordic Villa team and I sincerely appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are happy that your stay was pleasant and you found the room nice and clean.

I sincerely apologize on behave of my colleague for not returning your remaining change to you before you checked out. It was a huge mistake on our part and I take responsibility for that sir.
I’m happy to inform you that the noise from the toilet that night was fixed immediately in the morning. However, we are so sorry for the inconvenience. All other negative observations have been corrected. We will be pleased to have you at The Nordic Villa again whenever you are in Abuja. We are grateful to have a guest like you that take your time to put us right; it shows your love for The Nordic Villa, Abuja.

Libreville, Gabon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Nordic Villa, Jabi, Abuja is an ideal place for rest and serioous business discussion. Excellent service and competent & polite staff. Clean and healthy environment. The cuisine is frugal; one would like have one's lunch and diner at Nordic Villa. One would suggest $100 for the Standard rooms,$125 for the Superior, $140 for the Deluxe, and $165 for the Junior Suites excluding vat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear James Duplessis E,
We at The Nordic Villa, Abuja thank you for your encouraging feedback on your recent stay with us. Your observations and comments are highly appreciated, as they mean so much to our growth - knowing that our guests have many choices. We promise to always keep our services up to date as we are always open up to accept corrections and observation from our wonderful guests.
We do not take your patronage for granted and hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit Abuja.
Once again we say thank you for your patronage.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great place at a good price. Secure, simply but tastefully furnished accommodation maintained to high standards. It was peaceful and conducive for the deskwork I had to do. Best of all - friendly service. It felt like being at home with friends without the obligation to socialise.

• Stayed July 2013
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, I sincerely thank you for taking your time to send a feedback on your recent stay at The Nordic Villa. Your encouraging feedback will propel us to add more value to our services. We are very happy that you felt amongst friends – we strive to be friendly and make our guests feet at home. We promise to always be there for you at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you in the nearest future.

Fortune.
Ebene, Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

After an initial bad experience in Lagos, I was warry of the hotel my host had chosen for me in Abuja. I did my research and the Nordic came highly recommended from Tripadvisor. I sent an email to book and promptly got an email response from Fortune - that was the first good thing.

The Good
------------

The rooms are modern and clean with a really good design. Unlike other hotels in Nigeria, during check in, I wasn't heckled to pay beforehand or provide a credit card. It was only during the third day that I made a financial deposit. This was very important to me because I had no cash on me and the hotel POS terminal was not working.

The staff are friendly and trustworthy. I paid quite a bit of cash and did not bother asking for a receipt immediately - the receipt was ultimately done and sent to my room.

The Bad (Things to Fix)
-----------------------------

a) The options available for breakfast are very limited and sometimes not available. Since there is no restaurant, it makes sense to provide a buffet breakfast with a wide variety.

b) Have a list of known external restaurants where you can direct guests to especially on Sundays. The hotel currently has a list of restaurants where you can order and a hotel driver will pick the food up for additional N1000. This isn't want I mean - I mean what if I want to go out there myself? I'd like recommendations.

c) This is probably an isolated incidence. On the first day, I ordered food and the driver took more than 1hr 30 minutes to go get and deliver it. That was unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

d) When there is no electricity, the generator is quite noisy. Please fix the silencer or soundproof windows on that side of the residence.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with windows towards the generator (on your left when you just enter.)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Akong 777, On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, I thank you very much for your review and patronage knowing that these will help us to do better. We sincerely appreciate it when you talked about the staff being friendly and trust worthy.

It is good to let you know that the breakfast options have been increased; we now have several options on the menu for your breakfast consumption. I know that your next visit to Abuja will be better as we will like to have you at The Nordic Villa again.
We really have some number of good restaurants that we recommend for our guests; sorry this was not related to you. Among them are the Blu Cabana and Wakkis.
We are very sorry that the driver took time longer than necessary to delivered your food while you were around, once again I apologize and assure you that its been corrected.
The option of sound proof is very important and we thank you for that observation, we are already looking into that.

We hope to see you again soon.

Libourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After bad experience in the Sheraton Abuja (terrible rooms) I was glad that Tripadvisor guided me to the Nordic Villa. For Africa and Abuja a great boutique hotel concept with clean Scandinavian / IKEA design. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is fantastic. Although there is no restaurant, you can order with a number of good restaurants and a driver will pick up the food, which you can then eat in the breakfast room (in case you are not in the mood to go out). The location of the hotel is in an upcoming and upmarket neighborhood. The hotel works with a number of good drivers, who take you everywhere in Abuja. The Nordic villa offers very good value and business travelers frustrated by the value proposition of the Hilton and Sheraton, should definitely try the Villa. It appears the concept is a success as they have recently opened a second location nearby, called the Nordic Residence.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Nuuk, ground floor, nice size
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
What a pleasure to have you stayed with us at The Nordic Villa, Abuja after you were guided here by the TripAdvisor. We are glad you find pleasure at The Nordic Villa. We glad you found our food order and delivery system well, that your enjoyed our good rivers and that you liked the area of Jabi.
The staff and I are grateful for your great feedback and we promise to always make sure our esteem guests have reason to smile after their stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

We wish you well in all you do.

General Manager.

Been to The Nordic Villa? Share your experiences!