TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   N. Okonjo Iweala Way | Utako, Abuja 11136, Nigeria   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 38 hotels in Abuja
“The hotel is Tremendously Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The Furnished Hotel Has An Augmented Outlay Of High Quality,d Rooms Are Fully Equipped Wt All Attributes Of Standardized fittings,comfortable for relaxation & recreation.As For The Food,itz Supab,in the Sense Dat Both Traditional & Foreign Dishes,Snacks Of Different Species Are Prepared.its the best place to be,how i wish i could go there some other time

• Stayed April 2013
Francis O, Director at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel and the service delivery from our team.

We are a driven by a strong desire to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times where every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

Managing Director

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first trip to Abuja & I stayed here with my Nigerian partner for 5 nights. The hotel is gorgeous & very elegant. Security is good & there are guards on each floor of the hotel. The location is okay. There is a market near by & I'm a white female & felt safe walking around the streets on my own. The bedroom was beautiful & spacious with very high ceilings. The bathroom could do with upgrading but it was fine. The pool area was a bit disappointing, there were only 2 sunloungers & both were broken. We wanted to have lunch by the pool one day & it was reserved for a Nigerian function, we hadn't been told about this & no section was reserved for hotel guests which seeems ridiculous. We used the gym & it needs maintaining as the equipment needed to be oiled before we used them & my partner ended up with oil on his tracksuit but we still enjoyed it. The only main disaster I had with this hotel was with the restaurant. I'm European & struggled with the food in Nigeria; however Hotel De Bently do a buffet dinner & lunch which is fabulous. The food is of good quality & there is a good choice so it's worth paying the extra money for it. The first night we had the buffet dinner we were told to help ourselves & as there was fruit juice on display with the food we had some. I paid the bill at the end & then the waiter told my partner the juice was 500 Naira a glass and he expected us to pay for 4 glasses as we drank 2 each! I refused as it was the hotel's mistake for not putting a price on the juice or covering it. We didn't even go up for food seconds & we could have eaten twice or three times the amount of food & staff wouldn't have minded but it was a problem taking juice which was on display! On our last day I decided I didn't want the buffet breakfast, just cornflakes, so I asked the same waiter should I help myself & he told me to go ahead & take the cornflakes. Then 2 minutes later he came over to me & told me the chef said I had to pay the full buffet price as I took the cornflakes from the buffet section! There is obviously a lack of management in the restaurant & no apology was given until we asked for one! When we were leaving, I pointed out a few cockroaches on the floor of the restauarnt to the waiter & he said he would sort it, so hopefully he has. The hotel has drivers who can take you on sightseeing trips, we did a lovely trip around Abuja & then decided to pay extra money (expensive!) to go to a waterfall. We drove for hours up the mountains & when we finally arrived, it was the wrong place (the driver didn't know the way) & security said "no whites" were allowed beyond the gate. This was very disappointing & the hotel should ensure all drivers know the way to attractions they advertise. The stairwell badly needs painting. The hotel is expensive & we only stayed here because they had a half price Easter offer. For the half price offer, I'd definitely stay here again but the full price would be a bit much for more than 1 or 2 nights. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the comment of the sun lounge and the restaurant.

Allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I would like you to rest assure that I am personally taking your remarks very seriously.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is one of da best so far...,d cossy environment,fresh air you get when u feel soooo...am short of words.came to see my fiance who came back from milan and lodged there and i was taken aback by d room especialy,it was so off the chissel and the bathroom was like the bedroom that i was always seating at the toilet seat just for fun.my baby laffed at me cos he knows am a woman with a splendid qualities of hotel.he loved it.Services,great! room service,Lovelia!!,Rooms...absolutely incredible.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter.beautiful AC and Flat Screen Tv, cossy and airy environment. Cool, Calm and Class...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, April 14, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I recommend this Hotel for anyone coming to Abuja, Nigeria! A beautiful place to be now and always! The security is adequate, and at alert, the front office staffs are welcoming, potters are on alert to take you to your room and to show you all their facilities and how to use them. They have a standby generator to arrest the inconsistency of NEPAin Abuja. The restaurant is clean and tidy, they also have a good swimming pool with life guard facilility available and a swimming pool lounge for those who love to dance, and also music lovers!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel and all its facilities

Herent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed two nights in De Bently and it started already when I checked in.
The room was booked (and paid) online but there seems to be a double booking.
So I had to go to a higher class room (with the additional price although it was not our fault).
The room was spacious and everything was there. Bed was nice and I slept all in all not bad.
Bath room was hugh but very un-logical. A big bubblebath (that did not work) but no hook for the shower. So you shower on your knees...
The tray under the mirror was so out of angle that my tooth brush fell off.

Food is a different story. Although not to bad, it was not inviting to eat. We had buffet and it just looked crappy. Plastic tables and the heated trays looked un-organised and... poor
Same for breakfast. A small choice, no cold cuts, no cheese and basically... not even bread.
No milk and some very chemical juice.

There was a very small bar (called Exclusive) which was not. But there was a terrace above the entrance and that was nice. Not a nice view though but sitting outside was nice.

One problem was the power (as always) but I has in my room (314) an electronic switch. This means that after a (short) power outage, the A/C would not restart. So you have to climb out of bed to start the A/C again.

To me... it looked like a brothel (without the girls). In the lobby, it says "De Bently, a class of its own" and they are so right. Next time I go to Protea or Sheraton. Believe me... the surplus price is worth it.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, take another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is regrettable that we were unable to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Our desire is to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times.

All your observation in our restaurant, bathroom and A/c are noted please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues that you have raised.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent a week here starting at the end of Jan. and overall, it was really good. The room is spacious, the bed was very comfortable, the furniture and bathroom looked recently updated (including a large screen HDTV), and it was very clean. The staff was eager to please and for the most part did an excellent job.

The faults were pretty minor, but worth mentioning. On our first day, the housekeeping staff somehow missed our room. We didn't need more towels, we just needed the garbage cans emptied and that was attended to quickly after a call to the front desk. We had a couple of other maintenance issues and they were also fixed within a short period of time.
The food was great, the Internet was pretty slow as well, but its worth the money paid for. If you tired of staying in Hilton, Sheraton and rockview because of their ridiculous pricing and not getting the services you pay for, the this hotel is a place to try. Overall everything was great, from the management to the staff, their willingness to attend to issues was really amazing. I will definitely recommend to the hotel to other travelers coming into abuja and looking a reasonable pricing and getting your value for money, then try this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

Cotonou, Benin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I generally felt quite lost in this hotel. It's huge but messy with many corridors. There's a pool and bar for which you have to walk a distance across the parking lot. It lacks style, in fact there isn't any.

The rooms are large, but especially the bathroom needed paint and rehabilitation. Bed, etc. are ok, but there was no internet. Wifi was not operational and the LAN cable did not provide any signal. When I asked for assistance, they send the shoe polisher who didn't know what to do either and finally he took me to the closed business center where I could connect.

Personal was generally friendly, but made it difficult with tickets for breakfast, asking for jobs, offering beautiful Nigerian women, and so on. Somehow, they had already found vacancies page of my institutes website and he wanted to know how to become rice breeder...

This hotel was quite a Nigerian experience (for 160 US$ !!!), but not a good one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is regrettable that you had a bad experience during your stay with us. Our desire is to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times.

It is surprising you had difficulties with internet connection during your stay. Internet facility at De Bently is regarded as the best in Abuja. I will definitely investigate what went wrong during your stay. We take staff discipline very seriously and can not tolerate offers for women at the hotel. This is definitely not what Hotel De Bently stands for or encourages. A full scale investigation has been launched. Be rest assured of my best effort to arrest this ugly situation. All other points are also noted. Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues that you have raised.

Francis Ogugua

Been to Hotel De Bently? Share your experiences!