“Best food in Niamey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Best food in Niamey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Le Pilier was always a favorite of mine and I still miss the Greek Salad which was one of the best I have ever had, even given the difficulty in coming by all the ingredients in this part of the world. On weekends there can be live Tuareg music, and the restaurant is open relatively late. It was definitely on of my favorites.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
“A quiet oasis in Niamey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Food was fantastic, despite them being out of a few things on the menu. I tried a couple different pastas and mains, and everything was fresh and tasty. The tiramisu was also fantastic...on top of that, prices were incredibly reasonable and the AC room was fantastic.

Visited October 2013
Bordeaux, France
“Best Restaurant in Niamey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant. The patio is wonderful and the food is of very good quality. I take the capitaine tartare as a starter and I rarely eat raw food in restaurants but I really trust the quality here. My other favorite is the Lamb, just mouth watering. I don't know about the A/C room because we choose to eat in the patio. The owners have always been very friendly, they have a charming son who plays with ours. They are very nice and honest people running a very professional restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I would say this is one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant anywhere in the world.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Niamey
“Don't even think about eating dessert in the A/C”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times previously, and would have to say that the ambiance and the food are as good as it gets in this part of the world. I have previously recommended Le Pilier to others... Not anymore, due to my recent experience at the restaurant.
On this evening a colleague and I showed up and sat at a table in the air conditioned dining room. We ordered beer and then desserts (no meal). A few minutes after being served our desserts, an elderly man who I believe is the owner approached our table and told us in French that the dining room is only for customers who order meals. He said, in the future if we only want to order desserts we should have seated ourselves outside. Moments later, the waiter brought us our bill, even though we were haven't finished our beers or our desserts. We were unaware that we committed such a serious faux-pas that the owner felt it was appropriate to be rude to us. Yes, the restaurant is clean, the prices reasonable and the food above average, but disrespect towards your customers earns you a terrible rating in my book.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris
“In the desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Top atmosphere. You feel like in a traditional Agades house, feet in the sand and head in the stars. Good capitaine fish or italian food, of course tasty touareg tea. Nice servers and prices.

• Visited February 2013