“Perfect place to start our vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Grove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Olive Grove
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   20 Promenaden Road | P.O. Box 90590, Windhoek 9000, Namibia   |
Ranked #10 of 70 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Tahoe City, California
“Perfect place to start our vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After some long and short plane rides, we landed in Windhoek, our take-off place for our vacation. The Olive Grove Guest House was in a largely residential area and was well appointed. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. If your plane arrives in the early to mid-morning, you will likely have to wait for the previous room occupants to vacate and then for the room cleaning. We were on the upper floor, I believe in room 6. I had read earlier reviews about cooking odors and noisy staff possibly being an issue. When we were there, the staff was not noisy during the day. Some light, agreeable odors came in through a window, and were thwarted by closing the window. The room was very spacious and comfortable and had both a tub and a shower. I appreciated that they used refillable bottles, for shampoo, lotion, etc. We looked at a few of the other rooms upstairs during the cleaning in the morning. They were each different, including the size of the room, however, each was charming. Dinner and breakfast were quite good. Although I believe on the web site it states that central Windhoek is walking distance, they recommended we take a taxi for safety. The Olive Grove has a lot of nice touches such as for bed turn down there were two chocolates and two small individual containers of port, along with hot water bottles in the bed to warm it. A definite recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This upscale Bed & Breakfast is located in a suburb of Windhoek. It is suitable for the first or last night of a trip across Namibia. Rooms are clean and the premises are secure; friendly staff who can cook up some good food. The location is conveniently close to downtown Windhoek which makes it easy to stock up on supplies if you are going on a road trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed on my own for one night while on my way to central Namibia. I arrived late, and the staff had stayed a round for me, to cook dinner and make me feel at home. As I had to leave early the next morning they made me a nice packed breakfast for on the way. The place was nicely decorated, was clean and very comfortable. The staff was kind and attentive. Would recommend this to any one for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here overnight after arriving in Namibia from London via Johannesburg. It was ideal for our purpose with good views and an in an excellent location. Quiet so a good nights sleep with helpful staff and reasonable food on site. Hot water bottles were put in the beds atvni

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Olive Grove on two separate occasions and overall had pleasant stays. The staff were very friendly, attentive and efficient. I have noted that some people disliked the style of the rooms, personally I thought they were fabulous and were much better outfitted than most of the lodgings I stayed in Africa over the course of a month. I also thought the included breakfast was delicious. The guesthouse does have a Wellness room on site, and I found the therapist to be an excellent masseuse and would recommend utilising this service if you have the time.

The only thing you might want to be mindful of, is that if you book a standard room it will likely be adjacent to the dining area and in close vicinity to reception - which can be noisy at times due to high traffic and lacks a level of privacy due to the location. I was in the corner room adjacent to the car park (Room 1) - so did hear the creaking electronic gate opening/closing and people coming in/out frequently, as well as having smokers conversing very close to my door well into the evening. Unfortunately my travel agent failed to share with me that this was one of the discounted rooms (from what I understand from reading other reviews), as I would have happily paid more for a quieter location had I known prior to arrival.

• Stayed June 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived at Olive Grove unexpectedly early and, even though the staff were clearly busy with the breakfast run, we were welcomed in and made to feel at home right away. It was a last minute decision to stay at Olive Grove for the night with our previous plan being to drive straight from the airport to our first stop. What a great decision! After a long flight and then a 40 minute drive into Windhoek we hadn't really gotten into 'holiday mode' yet. Olive Grove did just that for us. The friendly staff and relaxed setting was what the doctor ordered for us to de-stress before embarking on our Namibian road trip. Our room was lovely with the highlight for me being the bathroom. I have to add that I am a complete shower person but those baths are amazing! With a few candles and some bubble bath I felt like I had stepped into a different era - one that insisted on a glass or two of champagne and some chocolate. How indulgent! The food was also superb with a unique open plan kitchen that I loved. The next day we had a delicious breakfast and were sadly but excitedly on our way. We had a wonderful 10 days in Namibia that we will never forget. On our last day we had a 3 hour drive back to Windhoek and our only regret was that we hadn't made Olive Grove our last stop too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I spent the first and last nights of our honeymoon at the Olive Grove en route from and to Winehoek airport and thoroughly enjoyed both stays.

We thought the "bare rock" décor in our room was charming whilst appreciating that it is not to everybody's tastes. The whole place was immaculately clean and manned by friendly, helpful, staff who served up tasty home-cooked food and the home-made toiletries were a nice personal touch. It was also reasonably priced.

The hotel is located in a residential area and looks like it was a big house before being converted into a hotel. This means there is not a great deal of space in the communal areas but it was nonetheless very easy to relax and was both peaceful and private.

No real negative comments or areas for improvement, although the Olive Grove didn't quite have the "Wow" factor to merit 5 stars. It was like staying at an upmarket family-run B&B and we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Olive Grove? Share your experiences!