“Windhoek hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Plot 10, Kappsfarm 65, Trans Kalahari B6 Highway, Windhoek, Namibia   |
South Africa
“Windhoek hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed over at this establishment to be close to Hosea Kutako Airport for early morning departure to Cape Town. What a nice surpise! Rooms are comfortable and verandah has great views of the surrounding area. The restaurant is excellent! We can recommend the game platter, best food we had on this trip. Staff is very helpful and friendly and the typical Namibian hospitality will make us return next time.

Room Tip: Choose a luxury room with aircon during summer months.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I would like to thank you Wil Bouwers (the owner of Trans Kalahari Inn) for all that you have done for us during our stay - so what better way than to write a review for you on Trip Advisor.

I was travelling with my husband and two kids in July 2013, we are from Australia and we stayed in SA for 5 days with family before flying into Windhoek to pick up our hire car for a self drive safari for 3 weeks.

I struggled to get my wi-fi from Australia to work in South Africa and I 'prayed' that I could get things to work in Namibia so I could touch base with my business whilst travelling in Namibia. I couldn't get my hi-tech gizmo or Iphone to work when we arrived in Namibia either and by the time we got to Trans Kalahari I was looking into a frustrating 3 weeks without internet or phone connection which left me quite sad in this age of telecommunication.

I met Wil when we checked in for the evening and over a cold beer I vented my frustration. Well, Will renewed my faith in the good of people, she had literally just met me but went to her office and came back with a wi-fi USB stick (with credit on the sim) as well as a mobile phone (again with credit on the sim). I literally had my problem fixed by this wonderfully kind lady and I promised her that we would return in three weeks time to stay at the Inn again for a few nights and return the items she had lent me.

The kindness and enthusiasm of the lovely owner of the Trans Kalahari is also reflected in the staff that work there. From the smiles and helpfulness of the staff in the bar and restaurant to the beautiful singing cleaning ladies she employs, this place is really an oasis in the desert!

The accommodation was very comfortable, the showers had wonderfully hot water, the food at the Inn catered for all tastes and each meal we had was excellent.

We wished that the weather was warm enough when we arrived to try out your swimming pool which would be a haven during the hot months in Namibia.

We were just speaking of you recently Wil to friends who are looking at travelling to Namibia and we highly recommended they stay with you. We also hope to see you again.

Thank you again for all that you did for me and my family - you are a true gem and I can highly recommend your Trans Kalahari Inn to other travellers to Namibia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hardenberg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were a group of 6 people, needing only one night accommodation for a flight connection and I searched for something close to Windhoek International airport. Am I glad that I chose this little oasis!!
From the views, over the beautiful Namibian landscape, the rooms, fitted with every amenity you might need, the refreshing sparkling pool, the staff, who were so competant and friendly, to the food..... oh - THE FOOD - !!!!
All of the members of our group would have gladly stayed another few nights.....from Elmarie (reception and more) to Anna (the chef who made us THE MOST amazing dinner) to Willemien (who is a lady that does not take any nonsense from interfering, annoying people looking to get a freebee) to all the friendly faces who did anything possible to make our stay so wonderful....Thank you!!!
Dinner was served on a patio at our request, with a view and sunset to die for. The meal was superb! Everyone ordered a different dish, the food arrived together, and we were all speechless at the presentation, the quality and the variety.
We are all going back!!! FOR SURE!!

Room Tip: We had a luxury room - brand new - with a thatch roof that still smelled like new thatch! Wonderful...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hitchin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The TransKalahari campsite is quite small, some 7 or 8 spots, all being on gravel. They are quite close together and there can be quite a lot of activity, so its not always a restful place. However, it is only 10km from the International airport.
The bar and restaurant are quite good and can be entertaining with a good mix of overlanders around.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Trans Kalahari Inn? Share your experiences!