“Futuristic Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro

The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro
Shop No. 25, Bougain Villas, 320 Sam Nujoma Drive | Klein Windhoek, Windhoek, Namibia
+264 61 30 9141
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Windhoek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A lovely venue, a fine selection of private cellar wines and exclusive rights to serve the premium meat produce of Namibia!
Windhoek, Namibia
“Futuristic Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Got on the net one day to look-up a great place where I could go treat myself.The Google Search Engine screamed "The Stellenbosch Wine Bar & Bistro".Found their page on Facebook,saw what they had on the menu and I have to say my taste buds were aroused.

The following day I get an email from someone at the office inviting me to this place.I scream and shout and do a Happy Dance.I thank God as I think to myself I get to go dine at one of Namibia's Finest Restaurants and I don't have to pay a cent.

Date and time has been confirmed my outfit has been picked.Just waiting for the day to pass as I have a date tomorrow with "The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro".

I have my expectations I hope they are met.Will inform you about my experience,that's that.

• Visited November 2013

Cullercoats
“Fair, reasonable, nice, okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We'd seen the buzz about this place and were intrigued. We emailed a booking from UK for an evening meal some weeks prior to visiting and received a prompt reply confirming the booking. Which turned out to be a fairly pointless exercise as the booking wasn't anywhere on the maitre's list when we got there. Still, they found us a nice table right away and the staff were friendly and nice.

The food was entirely pleasant and my sirloin was cooked just the way I'd ordered it. There was a mix up with the steak sauce I'd ordered, but they corrected the issue promptly. The apple pie and ice cream was good- very tasty.

At the current exchange rates, the whole meal was exceptionally good value for money. You really wouldnt get anything near the same, including a bottle of wine, for similar money in Europe.

The venue seems okay but the night time lighting in the courtyard is minimalistic (or dark). Hard to see the decor. Hard to see your food.

The experience in itself was pleasant enough, but having read some of the other excitable reviews about it, I can't really see what the fuss is all about. I think I'd probably go there again, although an old favourite restaurant is also quite nearby. Overall, not earth-shattering, not bad, fairly pleasant, great value.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent food, great service, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We followed the tripadvisor advice and ate here with a couple of people the last night after our safari. We had booked a table for 6 and enjoyed the atmosphere already when we came in (almost felt like being in Italy or France).

The service was excellent and so was the food! Where else would you get a filet steak with great wine for round about 12EUR (130N$)?! Extremely good value for money!

Can only recommend this place strongly!

Delhi
“Good, but not great..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went a couple of times to the restaurant recently. Liked it more the first time when we had a reservation and were seated efficiently. Service was very good. Food was also very good, but the menu lacks inspiration and creativity. Too much meat and not enough fish dishes. House wine was excellent.

Second time, went on the spot and didn't have a reservation. Took 15 minutes to get served at the bar (no-one seemed to be managing the guests) and then broiled away in the heat for another 30 minutes before the table arrived. Only upon asking the waiters to put the AC on, did they think of it and then the place cooled down. Perhaps a function of everyone being very busy on a full night, but the job of the manager is to stop and assess.

Will go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a very enjoyable meal at Stellenbosch, and the atmosphere, service and décor etc were great. (We sat inside as it was a Saturday night and we booked too late to get a table outside)