“I Enjoyed My 1st Hilton Experiance .......But” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Windhoek
Miraflores - SPAIN
“I Enjoyed My 1st Hilton Experiance .......But”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a amendment to my review posted in early September -
I was lucky to sample the Hilton experience 3 times over a 3 week period , I was working offshore and when flying into Windhoek I was lucky to stay in the Hilton overnight before continuing my journey to Joburg / London the next day .
The Hilton in Windhoek has a unique turret type design , checking in reception was quick and the staff were very professional .
The lobby reception decor was very pleasing on the eye and a short elevator journey to my room I was " gob smacked " with everything about the room , king sized bed - well designed on suite bathroom , very clean and well presented .
After checking out the hotel on the Internet I was looking forward to going up to then 9th floor to check out the roof top bar , pool and chill out area and I was not disappointed .The views of Windhoek and beyond we're brilliant and a cheeky brandy and ginger (my 1st drink for 5 weeks) was just the ticket to soak in the views.
There is a 24 hour Gym to keep you fit and healthy but I'm sorry to say a few more drinks was my priority .
When I thought all my boxes had been ticked night time changed the Sky bar vibe from a day time sunny chill out zone to a buzzing night time up beat experience and the nightime views of the city did not disappoint .
A few more drinks later I returned to my room to watch a bit of TV and to have a meal and then get a good nights kip before a early start in the morning .
Below there are 2 different meal reviews one for a meal I had delivered to my room and the the 2nd was a meal I had in the Exipa.
For my 1st meal I decided to order some room service , baby chicken with sweet potato fries & salad the room menu sold me my meal choice and I couldn't wait to tuck into some 5 star Hilton Style cooking and the food arrived and it was "cooking eye candy" on a plate .
The chicken was cooked to perfection end the sweet potato fries were naughty but part of my 5 a day health option so I didn't feel guilty eating them all , a early visit to the gym this morning made it all worth while .
The night before I order breakfast to my room , cereal , toast and british tea what a way to start my day .
My 2nd meal review which was on my last visit to the Hilton " 27 Sept "
After settling in to my room and having a shower to freshen up I decided to have a meal in the Hotel Exipa resteraunt with a co-worker who was also staying a few days before travelling home .
I love a good steak so I ordered the " Rib eye " steak , the resteraunt waitress sold me the steak and I was drooling with antisipation waiting for my meal .
When it arrived the steak was a little small but with the sweet potatoe fries and salad my plate was full , I ordered my steak to be cooked medium to well done .
But after cutting my first steak mouthful I realised the meat choice was poor quality , tasteless , and chewy .
Infact I couldn't swallow it , I then tried another slice and it was just as bad .
The waitress came to our table and asked how are meals were my friend said his burger was excellent but I had to be honest and say I couldn't eat my steak .
I know it's not the waitresses fault but I said I couldn't believe that a restaurant associated with the HIlton brand could serve up a poor steak .
My work colleagues on the rig who have stayed at the Hilton did warn me about the poor steaks but I didn't believe then until I tried it for myself .
I wasnt charged for my meal but I was left disappointed that no one else has complained about their steaks .
I didn't go to bed hungry we took the elevator up to the 9th floor and I had a drink and bar snack overlooking the stunning night views of Windhoek .
The next day I contacted the hotel manager to give him my feedback of my steak experiance and he did say he was going to discuss with the catering manager why the Hilton was buying poor cuts of meat and serving them to customers I also discussed my other issue with him and that was why isn't WiFi free in the hotel , and the cost was $20 plus per day per appliance so if you had a laptop , a iPad and a iPhone and you wanted hotel Internet .....do the maths .
Again he said it was something the hotel was looking into , so the hotel must be coining it in with the Internet .
The clientele you have from all corners of the world need free Internet , Mr Hilton must spend millions keeping his hotels at their best , having free Internet will go a long way to looking after all your customers needs .
But I don't want to finish on a negative I loved my Hilton experience , the hotel has it all , the rooms and facilities are excellent unfortunately because of my steak and the Internet issues I can't give you 5 stars .
But if the manager acts on the customers feedback the Hilton Windhoek will be ready to fly the Hilton flag for Namibia .

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the room view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cudds

Thank you for completing our on-line survey and for sharing your experience with us. On behalf of the Hilton Windhoek Team thank you for the great feedback, we continuously strive to deliver the service we take pride in, therefore always ensure that we meet our guest expectations to the fullest with all the traning in-placed at our hotel and brand. Apologies for not meeting your expectations regarding the internet however our internet charges are as per our Brand Standards, we are looking into better options for the near future and will soon be able to meet your expectations in this regard.

Apologies for the steak experience I have shared your feedback with Executive Chef to follow up and ensure that all our guests expectations are met.

Thank you once again for the great feedback and we look forward to Welcome you back very soon to our property or to any of our sister brands worldwide.

Teun Engbers - Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton on our first day, after having just travelled all the way from London. The hotel was easy to find and is straight on the way from the airport. Check in was very efficient. The room was very spacious with a nice big bathroom space. It also had a fantastic view over the city centre and the big church. We then made our way upstairs to the roof top bar which was a really nice place to relax after a long flight. We later on used the bar on the first floor which had very attentive staff. In the morning I panicked a bit as I genuinely thought I had lost my wallet and thought I had maybe dropped it in the bar. Staff at reception were extremely helpful trying to find it and soon I had about 4 people looking for it everywhere, only to then realise that it had fallen behind the desk in our room.

Breakfast was also a very pleasant affair which had everything you need. I am especially a fan of made to order omelettes and I wasn't disappointed.

The only con I could think of was, that being a Hilton, this hotel could have easily been anywhere in the world and was lacking a bit of local charm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hanno81

Thank you so much for the great feedback, we are very pleased to note that we met your expectations during your stay and that you had en enjoyable stay with us.

Looking forward to Welcome you back very soon to our hotel or to any of our sister hotels worldwide.

Teun Engbers-Director of Operations
Luanda, Angola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The rooms and restaurants/bars at this hotel are pleasant, clean and spacious. The food and cocktails were nice. However I found some of the services lacking e.g. No parking spaces available, no local currency available for change (even after being told to return on 5 occasions), and generally slow service. The price is quite high, and I would expect a higher level of service for that kind of money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kellyrichardson

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, on behalf of the Hilton Windhoek Team our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations as stated in your feedback. I have shared your feedback with management as well as their team members to ensure that we improve on areas and better meet your expectations on your future returns.

Thank you once again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance in the future.

Kind regards,
Walvis Bay, Namibia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay though it was kind of short, for only a single night. I will surelly visit again, especially with the spoffer of bringing my wife with and only pay as if alone. I can't wait to enjoy the comfort of "King's bed" with my wife and the rest that the Hilton Hotel offers. It was redally a great experience being housed there, NO regrets!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Silas K

Thank you so much for the great feedback, pleased to note that you had a wonderful stay with us. Looking forward to Welcome you back very soon.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed 2 nights.
Very nice staff, clean rooms and a great Rooftop Pool with a fair priced Bar :)

staff very helpful in all maters, would definitly stay there again!
The only thing I didn't like was non free wifi, but thats Hilton standard unfortunately =(

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mbs 1987

Thank you for choosing Hilton Windhoek as your second home during your recent visit to Namibia, we are very pleased to note that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you loved our hotels design, facilities and services available. As per your feedback it is indeed as per Hilton Standard for our wi-fi services but we are in the process of looking into better options for our guest to ensure that we meet your expectations on this aspect.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back very soon to our hotel.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The place is good: very clean rooms, great terrace bar and dining area. Modern, friendly staff. Location is a little isolated and far from fun dining areas. It is a good stop to start or end a Namibian trip. But it is difficult to get excited by this place.

The reception area is always busy and you must patiently wait your turn. The immediate surrounding of the hotel are rather drab. \\Bottom line: It is OK, very expensive for what it is. You still feel like you are in a stopover at the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Blirola

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, thank you for the great feedback about our hotel services and design. Our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Trust that we will welcome you back very soon to our hotel or to any of our sister hotels worldwide.

Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our party of 19 stayed here at the beginning of our 11 days in Namibia. The rooms are comfortable, the service is good and the breakfast is great. A particular highlight is the roof top bar and pool, especially good at sunset. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HofH999

Thank you so much for the great feedback, we are indeed very pleased to note that you had a fantastic stay with us.

Looking forward to Welcome you back very soon to Hilton Windhoek again.

Regards,
Teun Engbers - Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Windhoek? Share your experiences!