“Absolutely terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Guesthouse OL-GA

Guesthouse OL-GA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Guesthouse OL-GA
Save Saved
You added Guesthouse OL-GA to your Saves list
91 Bach Street | Windhoek West, Windhoek 20926, Namibia   |
Ranked #58 of 72 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Jerusalem, Israel
“Absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was in constant contact with Gesa before my arrival in Windhoek.
After arriving (and a 22 hour flight), I began to get settled. Gesa was very friendly.
Since I was in Windhoek for business, I needed to meet colleagues.
The room (the biggest one she had) was very small (it looks big in the photos on the web). The bathroom was so small that one can barely move around in it. The guesthouse is far from the center of Windhoek and there are no stores or restaurants within walking distance. There is no food to be purchased at the guest house.
I asked Gesa if she had internet I could use. She was very unhappy with this request and stood over me and read my email with me.
She immediately told me that "perhaps you would be more comfortable elsewhere."
After asking her to order me a taxi (she charged me an exorbitant charge for the phone call), she once again "politely" suggested that I would be happier elsewhere.
After meeting my colleague and securing other accommodations, I asked for an early breakfast. She refused.
The next morning, as I was getting ready to leave (to move somewhere else), I asked for something to eat (I had paid for it). She told me that she had nothing to give me except a yogurt, no bread or cheese. When I went into the kitchen, I saw loaves of bread on the counter.
As I waited for my taxi, she came out and said: "I hope you've learned something from this experience" -- I had. I learned that people say anything on the internet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Families
Solo

Been to Guesthouse OL-GA? Share your experiences!