“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 78 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Francistown, Botswana
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A little oasis in Windhoek. Rooms are clean. 2 types of accommodation camping,budget, self catering and executive rooms within a small square.
I find the place well organised for all types of travellers and has a resturant to suit all your needs.

Room Tip: pay the difference for an Executive room and sleep comfortable and well. Good weekend specials.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hampshire,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed at arebbusch a few times now when I have to come to Namibia for work. I have stayed in both the Square (hotel bit) and the self-catering lodges. The facilities are clean and simple and the WIFI reaches most extents of the site.

The restaurant is quite good, food is plentiful and reasonably priced but also quite basic - They have daily specials ranging from burgers to ribs. I ate on the first night when I was jet lagged from the plane journey and had a massive plate of ribs, got half way through them and had a massive bowl of chips emerge.

It is next to Eros airport so the planes taking off in the mornings can wake you if you have the window open. Some of the lodges are quite a way from the restaurant and I have known people to drive to and fro.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the square then make sure you get a room that faces the pool. The pool is un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

There was confusion when I arrived as staff could not find my booking. It took over half an hour to sort out, which was far too long after a ten hour flight (and total travel time of 20 hours!) I then had to move to another room the next day, and then again (yes, I moved room twice in one day) because of more bookings confusion. I had to pack up my bags and carry them myself on each of these occasions and in one case it was quite a walk!
The Lodge is out of town so you need a taxi. This was a nuisance.
Breakfast was good.
All three of the rooms I occupied during my two night stay were clean. Nothing special, but well furnished and with tea making facilities and TV.
I think the reception staff probably need better training. They were polite, but seemed overwhelmed by the task.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Arebbusch Square (the new upper class section of the lodge) is a nice arrangement around the pool (although if you are misfortunate to get one of the rooms towards the parking lot, you pay the high price but get the ambiance of an American motel...). Rooms are clean and spaceous, yet without any charme and cosiness.

But booking with them is a real disaster! I wrote them and ask for a quote including breakfast; within 10 minutes I got four different quotes in four e-mails without any explanation. It took me 15 minutes to compare and figure out the difference (because everything was in acronyms that no one understands - yet no word about breakfast). Eventually I made a booking - and didn't hear anything for almost a week. Then I got a phone call, a man quite annoyedly asking whether I intend to come. I told him I awaited a confirmation from their side, which he promised I would receive immediately. After two days I sent another e-mail to inquire about my booking - and mentioned again that I wanted a room including breakfast. This time I received a confirmation within a few hours.

On arrival, there was a quite unfriendly chap at the reception. Handing over the keys he mentioned that in our price breakfast was not included, but we could pay it on check-out. Never mind I thought. The next morning when checking out, the ladies at the reception presented me with the invoice and said, that next time I should book including breakfast, because that way it would be much cheaper! I really got upset and demanded that they charged only the reduced breakfast rate. They said it was too late and their computer system wouldn't allow them to grant me the preferential rate. I had to bring my notebook and show them the e-mails sent, to prove I had asked to include the breakfast. After an lengthy argument, they finally agreed to reduce the price to the rate for booking a room including breakfast right away...

Such behaviour is absolutely unacceptable. The amenities of the lodge are by far not worth it to accept it. And for this price I will get plenty of other options worth twice their money!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We started our tour through Namibia from here. The Lodge is okay with average facilities. Clean, good shower and good breakfast. The receptionist was rude, but otherwise staff was friendly. It is quite far from town and without transportation you will have difficulties to get anywhere. Taxis do not like to come out as far. If you have transport, good point to start your holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Exeter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was a good stopping point for us at the start of our tour of Namibia. The rooms were clean ans comfortable, with tea and coffee provided. Each room for us represented half of a lodge, and were quiet and well spaced.

There us a good restaurant on site, with reasonable prices. Breakfast was superb and well worth having, with a chef making delicious omelettes to order.

WiFi was variable on the site, but ok. You'll need to buy a voucher, but that was the case everywhere in Namibia.

Don't expect to be able to walk into central windhoek from here, it's a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2012
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent a couple of nights here staying in one of the hotel cottages, Pretty basic places but more than adequate if you are not spending any quantity of time in them. The cottages are pretty spread out and it was a fair walk to the restaurant etc.There was a nice pool available but did not get the chance to use it. We had dinner on one evening and it was very good indeed, Good choice and the food was plentiful and well cooked - and the wine was not bad either. It was reasonably good value as well. We had two breakfasts; the first of which was very pleasant - plenty of choice and good quality. The second morning was a complete shambles. It was a little busier but this did not explain things like no glasses for juice, no bread to make toast, no coffee or tea making facilities working, hot food running out and so on. It may have been a one off - I hope so as it did spoil our last morning there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Arebbusch Travel Lodge? Share your experiences!