“Riding at Elisenheim makes addictive...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to view the awesome scenery and wildlife of Namibia.... on horseback!
Windhoek
“Riding at Elisenheim makes addictive...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

The horses at Elisneheim leave no wishes open. The landscape and specifically the mountains are just awesome. Best point to start and end your holiday.

Germany
“Great picnic ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

3 weeks ago I went with Sam on the picnic ride in the scenic area of the Elisenheim Guest Farm, just outside of Windhoek.
Sam does there a fantastic job by offering this tour. Good horses, Nova was just fantastic! Good company and everything was well organised. I can really recommand that tour. Very scenic!
Thanks Sam for that trip!
Martina (from Germany)

Wirral
13 attraction reviews
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

In July this year my husband, 19 year old daughter and I went for a "sundowner" ride with Sam at Equitrails as strangers and left as friends. The ride was fantastic and the horses excellent, easy to hand le but willing to go. It was great to ride with Sam who was so friendly and knowlegable about the land we were riding over and the animals and birds we saw. The refreshments were most welcome as we watched the sun go down. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we booked to go on the Breakfast .Rride on our return to Windhoek at the end or our holiday. Not only did we have a wonderful ride right up into the mountains but also had a relaxing time canoeing on the reservoir all under a warm winter sun., as well as experiencing a lovely brunch.
Sam is a fantastic host and is SO friendly we felt like we had known her for years. Whether you are an experienced rider or a beginner we can thoroughly recommend that you include a trip to Equitrails. Sam will pick you up if you are staying in Windhoek if you need transport.

Seattle
“Namibia is horse country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Equitrails is owned and operated by an experienced woman who is a great teacher and patient trainer. The horses are well cared for and well schooled, and the setting and terrain are fantastic for lessons or trail rides. The pricing for both is very fair and great value for the money. It's close to Windhoek, but you do need transport. The owner was incredibly flexible about running me back into town, though. I made eight visits to the farm over a 3 week period in June 2009. These were my first-ever riding lessons and have triggered what will be a lifelong interest in horse riding. I highly recommend Equitrails for either beginning or experienced riders. I myself plan to return again and again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

My husband and I went on a Sundowner Ride on Christmas Eve 2008 with Equitrails. We've ridden in several places around the world and this was by far the best we've experienced. Sam, our instructor, was well-qualified, friendly, and excellent with our group and all the horses. Equitrails is great for all levels of riders and includes great instruction. The scenery was beautiful and after our ride we had snacks and drinks under the palm trees while sun set. A perfect end to a perfect ride with great gin and tonics at the end to top it all off!