“Chance to view leopard up close and friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Activities: Viewing wildlife
Glasgow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Chance to view leopard up close and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were camping and arrived late, so missed the tour that we had booked. The staff were really helpful - they came to us early the next morning and took us on a tour then, which was really good of them. We saw leopard, cheetah and caracal. Dinner at the lodge was good and the campsite was spectacular - easily the best that I have ever been to.

Camp is in a huge private area with lights, power points, two private showers and two private toilets. The showers and toilets look out onto the savannah and are clean with plenty of hot water.

I wouldn't come here to see the cats - they are not as spectacular as in other lodges that we visited - but the camping facilities are great. I also get the feeling that Africat is more a help-wild-cheetahs place than a tourist-focussed business, and that may by why it has had a couple of poor reviews.

Visited May 2012

England
“Why Africat worked for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

By chance I went to Africat on a volunteer programme. I was very impressed by the genuine level of care and dedication afforded by all involved. Being associated with the veterinary world I was naturally very observant and asked many questions all of which were expertly answered. The aim of Africat is to rehabilitate leopards and cheetahs back to independence and the wild. They have achieved a lot of success. Naturally, a small number of the cats are unable to survive independently so they live in very large enclosures. Non are flea-bitten! Africat is a very professional and well -run charity. I so enjoyed and appreciated my stay that I am returning in 2012!

Visited November 2011
Braintree, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Radio Tracking Leopards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you get the opportunity to do this on your visit then just hope that Steffan is your guide. He gets his vehicle as close as possible to the target without interfering with the leopard, unlike some of the other guides, it is an incredible experience.
I was also lucky to be in his vehicle when tracking Wild Dogs, the guy is relentless in his pursuit of a great experience for his guests

Visited September 2011
New York City, New York
28 attraction reviews
“A total waste of time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The project is admirable and I am sure that the people here have done a l;ot of good for the cats, but camping there and taking in the "show" is valueless. While the campsites are good with clean showers and toilets, thats where it ends. The leopard that they have is like going to a circus, except it doesnt do tricks. Let the poor thing just live out its time.The cheetahs are fleabitten and well past their due dates. They are being kept alive but nothing more. The game drive is anything but. There were no discussions or lessons about what the good work is that they are doing, and I came away feeling like I had spent a day and a night waiting to see four flea bitten animals that were propped up for stupid naive tourists.

Visited July 2011