Having previouly checked other reviews I know I am in the minority with my review and rating however ...
First of all let me start by praising the bar and restaurant for their excellent service - they certainly deserve a mention as well as the porter who really did do an excellent job of pointing out everything her needed to know in the room.
Here are the reasons for my rating. Upon arrival I thought I get some change to ensure I can give around 50 MTC to the porter - I was told by reception to go to the bar, by the bar to go to the shop and in the shop I bought something as there was no change available at the time. Once in my room I realised that @ the last airport they had closed my bag with a plastic security strip that needed to be cut with scissors - as there were non in my hand luggage I tried to ring reception ( there is no information available in the room so lucky I remembered the number the porter gave me before ) no answer at all. I decided to walk down to reception but happened to bump into house keeping outside my room - apparently scissors are only available at reception. I walk down only to be told to check with the concierge, who tells me to check with the restaurant - where I am told to check at reception??? Needless to say that at this point I was not amused and wandered back to the conceriege where a young guy felt sorry for me and finally said to wait and he would organise one! Realise that this might sound petty but as a comparison @ tofo beach in the turtle cove for example they got the service part immediately and would say let me organise whatever it was that was needed rather than make me track to the different areas.
Few other small comments - the room only had toiletries for a single room even though we had asked to change it to a triple and were charged extra for it. The window door in the room did not open as it was broken and apparently there was no hot water in the evening ( i did mange to have a warm shower earlier at around 6pm). The pool was not usable but no reason was given why.
Finally when wanting to print the boarding passes we did not only have to pay for the printing ( which I can understand) but also for the use of the Internet even though free wifi is available in the hotel? So for me it's the small things that count and hence I don't rate this hotel as any higher than 3 out of 5.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Maputo Hotel
- Southern Sun Maputo Hotel Maputo
- Holiday Inn Maputo
- Southern Sun Hotel Maputo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the perfect combination of sun, sea and sand, the Southern Sun Maputo is spectacularly situated on the magnificent Mozambique coast. Conveniently located only 7km from the International Airport and 5 minutes from the city centre, the hotel offers you the most desirable destination for a tropical vacation along the shores of the Indian Ocean. The well appointed, comfortable and tastefully decorated guest rooms are all equipped with air conditioning, telephone with voice mail and wake-up facilities, wireless Internet, satellite TV, in-room safe and in-room tea and coffee. For your added convenience there is an in-house hairdressing salon and boutique. At the Southern Sun Maputo your time is your own. You may choose to relax on the pool terrace and enjoy the warm African sunshine, or you may prefer more adventurous options. If you feel like exploring, there are exciting city tours for taking in the exotic sights and sounds of Maputo. The city has a rich history and a fascinating mix of diverse cultures. By day or by night you will feel the energetic pulse of this enigmatic city beating to the vibrant rhythm of Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Southern Sun Maputo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.