Le Suffren hotel is a good hotel and very convenient especially if one is staying on business in Port Louis.
The Hotel is in a quite location just a short trip from the more busy Caudan waterfront. A free water taxi service is available all day to cross from Le Suffren to Caudan (30 seconds trip). Whilst the hotel is a bit outdated, the rooms are nice and very comfortable. The service is also very good and the staff are nice and friendly. The hotel also offers a great restaurant (good food and decent prices) with indoors and outdoors seating + a stocked bar which makes for easy relaxation especially after a days work.
However there are some major negatives that should be addressed.
1 - Internet in the room is not free. In 2013 this cannot be the case especially for a hotel that you are paying a hefty price for the stay. I found internet connectivity generally very slow both in the free areas and in the room. You also have to constantly connect when you move from the different areas. Really annoyed me.
2 - Breakfast is extremely poor. There is basically no choice at all and I could only take it for 2 of the 6 days I was there. If you have a long stay you will suffer from this.
3 - I also had a bad incident on my arrival as my hotel transfer was 2 hours late, which after a 16 hour trip is really not nice. The manager in charge told me it was due to traffic which annoyed me more than the delay as it was clearly not true. The management also did not offer anything to compensate for this mishap. I understand it was a mistake but it should have been handled with more grace.
All in all I would recommend Le Suffren as it makes for a comfortable stay. However with some easy corrections I think I could easily up my rating to 4 or even 5!
- Also Known As:
- Le Suffren Hotel And Marina
- Le Suffren Hotel Marina
- Le Suffren Hotel & Marina Mauritius/Port Louis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect mix of business and pleasureLe Suffren Hotel & Marina, offers both business travellers and holiday makers alike a sparkling and dynamic 4-star hotel in the capital city of Mauritius.Le Suffren is perfectly positioned on the Waterfront to take full advantage of everything that Mauritius has to offer, whether it's taking care of business in Port Louis, or taking time out to discover the unspoilt beauty of our island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Le Suffren Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.