“Got scammed!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
South Padre Island, Texas
“Got scammed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went to this restaurant last night and had to pay with the card. Today we suddenly had 4 transactions go through a minute apart on that same card and we never bought anything!!! It was definitely this restaurant because before then we never used the card!!! the food is horrendously over priced and drinks are expensive. Over all not a good experience for us!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SealoversPereybere, Owner at RedCat Beach Lounge - Sea Lovers Restaurant, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I am the owner of Sea Lovers and was very surprised to read your review. You accuse the restaurant of credit card fraud. This is a very serious accusation, but you did not report it either to me nor to the police. I have reported your review to the police and ask you to contact me at restosealovers@ yahoo.com to help the police investigation, unless your review is false and meant to discredit our restaurant.
Respectfully,
Ken Limfat

Blantyre, Malawi
“The overall package was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had meal there tonight, it has to be said that the food is just OK. It's expensive and the service is not that good.
We were the first to arrive at 7.30pm we ordered and our food came quickly. My starter was local shrimp (3) and green lip frozen NZ mussells (3) in a cream white wine sauce. The sauce was super but the menu said gratinee and it wasn't. My wife's starter was octopus salad, which was tasty, but the octopus was a little rubbery. Main course, mine, a fish fillet which the waiter was not able to name, perfectly cooked and wrapped in banana leaf. It tasted devine. It came with white rice and a sort of white sauce which was tinned cream and very flat.
My wife had plain grilled breast of chicken and asked for a side order of rice. The rice never came, even though we asked 3 times. We had no dessert, 2 local beers and 2 glasses of house white wine.
The bill, about $140. Now I think that is expensive, for what we got. The restaurant is quite beautiful, the location great but the service was poor and did not give value for money. It portrays to be fine dining, but is far from the mark. You are even expected to re use your cutlery for each course and we had to ask for clean knives and forks for mains.
My overall impression was, get the money now, serve up mediochre food, because the chances are that your a tourist and unlikely to return.
In my book for the price, I would expect more!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

absolutely wonderful food,would highly recommend this restaurant a visit.you also get a lovely sunset,if you arrive early enough.we were very well looked after we will be back again .tim and family x

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Truro, United Kingdom
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Good location. Average food. Erratic service. Sorry not really sure what else to say about this place - just didn't do it for me.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Brilliant place on the shore line, good view of the sunset, had there been one Small menu but the food was absolutely superb. A lot of the restaurants served food that was bland and tasteless in Mauritius but this was my best meal. Waitress, Shalini was knowledgeable and very helpful. Would really recommend this place.

• Visited February 2012