TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“a very good place to be” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comme Chez Soi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bamako
Comme Chez Soi
Save Saved
You added Comme Chez Soi to your Saves list
Porte 37 Rue 281 | Hippodrome, Bamako 0, Mali   |
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Bamako
hamburg
“a very good place to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

very cozy atmosphere, friendly people, a good sense of style, good service, superbe restaurant on the roof (a place, where one can actually stay all day), fairly reliable wlan. i will certainly return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cotonou, Benin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a matter of fact I realize now that there was not even a TV in the room!

This place is completely different from everything I have seen in West-Africa. Usually hotels in this price range are equipped with a large TV with two channels, a heavily used mattress, and Chinese quality toilet, shower, everything.

No, not in Comme Chez Soi. Oh, I wish this place was like at my place! Everything in the room was hand-made out of high quality wood. The shower was beautifully designed with natural stones. The bed was absolutely excellent and supercomfortable. I immediately felt at home in this place!

Breakfast (good coffees!) was served upstairs where there is a large terrace overlooking the lush garden. There are lounge areas/sit-corners on the sides of the terrace.

Service was very friendly and understanding. Taxis from the airport can be arranged and included on the bill.

This hotel is THE place to be in Bamako. Let's pray the security situation improves soon...

ok, 1 point: the room next to the reception can be noisy since the glass door does not hold much of the talking outside. The other rooms may be much better.

Room Tip: don't take the room next to the reception, which can become a little noisy if people decide to s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Comme chez soi carries its name with full entitlement. The team makes you feel welcome, the rooms are very nicely decorated, the terrasse and garden are fabulous to relax from a day out in the heat and dust. Breakfast was delicious too. Highly recommended!

I was in Bamako during the unfortunate March events, and cannot thank Coralie and the entire team enough for their great help. They really went beyond duty, and were absolutely phantastic. I will come back.

• Stayed March 2012
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

A great place, a real Oasis, excellent management and staff. The location is excellent, close to a range of restaurants and night clubs. LOvely setting, with trees. Have to be careful about Mosquitoes in the room

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of arriving in Bamako and after getting my visa at the airport, went out to meet my ride at 1 AM and he never showed up. Needless to say, I had no idea where I was supposed to stay or how to get there. I contacted a friend back home and asked her to look for Comme Chez Soi and see if she could get me a room as I had read the reviews here. As it turns out there was a single room that I could have on short notice for the remainder of the night. Imagine speaking only English with instructions texted to me on how to get there.

I pulled in at 5 AM, bone tired and truly frustrated and true to form, the taxi driver tried to cheat me. The security guard at Comme Chez Soi was waiting for me and let me into my room where I found hot and cold running water in the shower which was a true relief (this being my 3rd trip to Bamako).

The room was lovely from the decor to the plumbing... nary a complaint to be had. Artisan soaps and a large bottle of cold bottled water is a true greeting in the heat and dirt of Bamako.

I slept till 11:30, and as soon as I walked out of my room to look for the manager, someone asked me if I would like some breakfast. The pictures of the restaurant area do not do it justice and it was a wonderful breakfast.How do you you like your eggs sir? Can I get you more of this or of that? Fabulous service and I will go out on a limb right now and say that after 4 months of being on the road this year alone, it was the best hotel experience I'd had. This included the absolute best cup of coffee that I had the true pleasure of since my espresso machine back home 4 months back. As a matter of fact, better than any coffee I'd had in Paris where I had just spent 2 weeks at. Par for the course in Bamako is instant coffee and powdered whitener. If you are lucky, the whitener doesn't curdle. To get a double shot of a good quality espresso with a nice head of crema sitting on top and some steamed milk was... heavenly.

I wish I could have stayed longer but they were booked up. I would however, not hesitate to stay again.

My thanks to Coralie and all the staff there. My words cannot do you enough justice for a memorable moment in time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am a resident of Bamako right now but have friends who have stayed at CCS (as the Anglophones refer to it). I do often eat at the restaurant - the best brunch menu in town and an imaginative (as well as solid French standards) menu is what you'll find. Very peaceful surroundings and since it's rooftop dining there's no need for air conditioning. Especially now with the bad economy that has hit Bamako since the coup, it is the only hotel I would stay at if given a choice. The accommodations are clean and it's in a relatively quiet neighborhood. I hope they continue to function and wanted to add my voice to the other positive reviews I see here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I came to Bamako during the political stalemate, expecting the usual conflict area/absent tourism choices of extremely poor but seriously expensive places. In Comme Chez Soir, i got the total opposite. This is what I wrote in a note to the manager when I came back to Nairobi:

"I now know where the best hotel in Africa is – In Bamako. You should be very proud of your place. Such a fantastic spot. Perfect rooms, simple yet clean, stylish and comfortable. Hot shower, a cool swimming pool, an excellent restaurant and so welcoming and wonderful staff. Keep them.
Only thing I can think of was the mosquitos, but they seem to be a general problem of Mali in the rainy season.
And for that price! I guess times are tough in Bamako at the moment, and I really hope things turn to the better soon even if I'm not very optimistic. Until then, I'll try my best and recommend Comme Chez Soir to any person I hear is heading to Mali.
Thank you, once again, for a fantastic stay. Send my regards to your employees."

This place is definitely unique and deserves the best.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comme Chez Soi? Share your experiences!