“Nice cafe but awful massage” 3 of 5 stars

+261 (0)34 04 134 33
Website
Improve this listing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice cafe but awful massage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

When I walked into La Medina, my first impression was promising. I chose the warm oil massage and as I waited, was offered warm tea (delicious). When I got to the massage room, it was freezing! The masseuse offered to get a heater, which made it slightly better.

The massage itself was awful: the masseuse clearly was just pressing as hard as she could. She took no account my request to be more gentle. At one point, I just asked her to stop massaging my legs because she was pressing so hard. The arm, face, and neck massage was pleasant, but ended abruptly when she suddenly informed me "c'est fini!"

Overall, I would not recommend this place for a massage. The café, however, is extremely charming, and I would recommend that.

Visited June 2014

Washington DC
“Great cafe/restaurant/spa combination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

While the combo of a cafe/restaurant/spa may seem odd, it works perfectly at Medina. I visited several times during my stay in Tana. They have excellent wifi, and a great selection of small plates for lunch. After booking a massage (which was wonderful, affordable, and professional), my husband met me for dinner. They have a great selection of foods from Indian to Malagasy. The tagines are tasty. We keep coming back to this place, as the staff is wonderful as well. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Visited December 2012
Harvest, Alabama
48 attraction reviews
“Cortez Tour Operator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

In 2011 I used Cortez to get a tour of Madagascar. They did a fine job. They seem to specialize in Madagascar and are an honorary consulate so you can get your visa through them. I did the 15 day tour in November -- which I think is nearly ideal. But I could kick myself for not getting an extension into the Kindry forest, where there are foosa and baobab trees. If I were re-doing the trip, I'd take the 12 day trip and add an extension for Kindry. In the Kindry forest in November you are likely to see foosa courtship, as one of my travel mates did. On the front end of the trip you are likely to see an aye-aye, as I did.

Visited November 2012
dubai
7 attraction reviews
“good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

very good food and nice interiors. It is in main market. They serve Indian and European food. Sea food is very tasty.

Visited April 2012
Turku, Finland
5 attraction reviews
“The place for real quality massage in Tana.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

I've been here now for two consecutive nights and even if the pricing is a bit steep for Madagascar it is still well worth it. The place is clean and fresh and the services are done by friendly professionals. There are no "extra services" available and that is a good thing in this city...