“Great stay, thank you.See you next year.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maseru
Victoria Hotel
You added Victoria Hotel to your Saves list
Kingsway Road, Maseru, Lesotho   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Maseru
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great stay, thank you.See you next year.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I refer to the comment made by Lani V. I also visited the Victoria Hotel during November for 5 days during the Roof of Africa period. My whole group (8 rooms) enjoyed their stay so much that we have already mailed the Hotel to book our rooms for next year.The Manager and her staff were friendly and helpful at all times, and this is to be commended. the food was more 'home cooking style', than 'restaurant style' which was also appreciated. And the menu was adapted to include lots of carbs specifically for those riders that wanted to 'carbo load' Our rooms were clean and comfortable, and none of us had any problems with water. we have certainly found our new home for our annual Roof trip.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a wonderful stay at the Hotel Victoria. The staff were pleasnat, polite and very helpful at all times. There was a lovely family feel and we were always made to feel welcome and special. The rooms were very neat and tidy, with a lovely little balcony where you could get a breath of the beautiful fresh Lesotho air. The dining room was beautifully set out with a buffet breakfast and supper. Meals are often served around the pool - weather dependant and this creates a lovely evening atmosphere. At times, there was a little language barrier, but the staff very quickly called someone to assist and this was done in a very polite and efficient manner. We will definately be staying there again.

Room Tip: Maseru is a very busy town, even at night, but, this does not detract from your sleep.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pretoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Dries Neethling

I was told by a friend to use the hotel for a stay in Maseru! I stayed over and was pleasantly surprised . The back of the hotel faces the street but on my arrival at the entrance ,I was met by friendly helpful staff ,a quick check in,cleanliness throughout ,huge rooms with balconies and a stunning comfortable king size bed . It was very clean,and I had a comfortable stay . On my visits to Maseru in future this will be my base!It is evident that the team is working hard to please!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool area ,they are more peaceful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Service is poor from management, hotel is stinking and dirty! Aircons not working! Almost no water in bathrooms! Rooms are stinking!! Food is horrible!!!

We reported problems more than once, the lady in charge said she will sort it out within half an hour, well we were there 5 days and nothing!! I had to ask her over and over again, never even got back to me

the bedding was dirty. To all the guests we spoke, everybody was complaining about the same as we was.

very very disappointed in this hotel

• Stayed November 2013
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me say first of all, I'm giving the excellent rating in order to bring the average up to something more reasonable. I stayed recently at the Victoria Monday to Saturday whilst at a conference in another hotel. I come from the UK but have been working in Africa since September 2012. I had already booked before seeing these reviews and nearly cancelled, and am jolly glad I didn't!

The staff were very pleasant - but then, I don't wait for people to be polite to me before I'm polite to them. When I initially asked for an Internet token I was told there were none, when I insisted - politely but firmly - I was escorted by an off-duty member of staff to a neighbouring hotel where I was able to get one, and was shown a number of other useful places in Maseru at the same time. The food was fine. My room were fine, absolutely what one expect for the price. There was no problem with noise the way my room was facing. I have no idea where the 'nice prostitute establishment nearby' was, but then, I wasn't looking for one....

If western tourists want everything to be the same as it is in the west, my best advice is to stay there - or, pay considerably more for the international chains. If you pay a mid range price in Africa, don't be surprised if things are a little different. I enjoyed being at the Victoria, and would certainly go again. I very much hope that people reading these reviews will try the hotel out. To the staff of the Victoria - thank you for having me, you provided a great service, I look forward to returning to your hotel and beautiful country when I have the opportunity

Room Tip: I was facing away from the main road and it was fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Lets see, no water coming out of the sink or shower, toilet didn't work, internet didn't work, TV didn't work, and to cap it all off, bed bugs! The breakfast was a joke and there is a nice prostitute establishment nearby. Spend an extra US $45/night and stay at either the Lesotho Sun or Maseru Sun hotels.

After one night at the Victoria Hotel I left and stayed at the Maseru Sun....waaaaaay better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GKubirske, Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been and would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your unsatisfied stay.

I would, however, like to report that the hotel has been under COMPLETE new management since November 2012 and has already / is continuously undergoing some changes/ improvements.

On behalf of the current team I would like to assure you that we consider cleanliness and hospitality priority issues.

We would like to invite you to make contact with us on reservations@hotelvictoria.co.ls and experience the changes when next you are in Lesotho.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Two recent weekends spent there have left me unhappy. The failed air-conditioning, the reticent hot water and the very depleted menu and the surliness of some of the staff were bad enough. The locked (with heavy duty wire, twisted tight) fire escape was terrible though.

Room Tip: Very noisy location on Friday and Saturday nights.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
GKubirske, Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Kind regards

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!