“Fantastic find for Maseru” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mohokare Guest House

Mohokare Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maseru
Mohokare Guest House
260 Kofi Annan Road, Maseru, Lesotho   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Maseru B&B and Inns
Reno, Nevada
“Fantastic find for Maseru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at Mohokare for 5 nights and could not have been happier. The reception desk was extremely helpful to me and assisted me in finding someone to take me to the mountains, which is why I went to Lesotho. My room had heat, shower and tub, electric blanket, tea/coffee pot, and breakfast. To expect anything more than comfort, safety, cleanliness, economy, and friendliness is to be out of touch in Lesotho. Yes, the water pressure fluctuates so make sure it is strong when you decide to shower. I was thrilled to have free WIFI access. Lesotho is not very tourist ready as it was really hard to organize someone to take me out of the city. Had the front desk gals not helped me, I would have left early because Maseru itself offers very little, other than the Pioneer Mall, which is only 5-7 minutes walking from the Mohokare Guesthouse. The mountains were really pretty and I am so glad I went there. Rooms are very quiet, as the guesthouse is not in the center of town but taxis only cost about $3 to get to and from places in the city to the guesthouse. I checked out the Maseru Sun while I was there, and from what I could see from the lobby, Mohokare Guesthouse lacks nothing. BTW, the Pioneer Mall has 6 movie theaters and KFC, Ocean Basket, and Spur restaurants. That is another reason to stay at Mohokare Guesthouse. It is so close to the mall that you really don't need to go downtown to eat, etc.

Room Tip: My room was adjoining the main section. The only problem was the hall light, which was always on an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for exactly one month and feel comfortable. The receptionists are very friendly and helpful. The room is clean with a large bathroom. The hotel is in a good location, very close to the best shopping mall in town (less than 10 minutes walking) and if you want to go somewhere far, you can easily crab a taxi. There is a small bar in the hotel and quite a few local officers hang out there in the evening, so you can easily have somebody to talk with.

The breakfast is decent. However, the lunch and dinner are not good. They have a short menu but most of dishes are not available. In addition, most of the time the food is overcooked or undercooked.

I think the room and the service is not suitable for the rate. They may charge us that because there is not much choice in Maseru.

Room Tip: There are 2 blocks. I prefer to stay in the rear block because it's more quiet and larger. The r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here based on Lonely Planet recommendation. Only 5 mins drive to Maseru centre and much cheaper than some of the central accommodation.
The check-in process was incredibly slow and laborious but the rooms were very nice. Unfortunately my bath broke so I had to change rooms and was put in a room directly next to reception. It was noisy with the TV blaring and people talking incredibly loudly at the bar. It didn't keep me awake as it closes at 11 but it was irritating and I'm not sure they should sell this particular room.
Breakfast was good and there is free secure parking.

• Stayed February 2013
Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I've just returned from another stay at the Mohokare and once again found the guest house a great base for a stay in Maseru. It's not what you'd expect from a western standard hotel - this is Lesotho, Africa - the water pressure can go down and the wi fi is hamster driven, but it's clean, comfortable and the staff are lovely and helpful.

The two big hotels in Maseru (the Lesotho Sun and the Maseru Sun) are ridiculously overpriced.

Room Tip: Nicest standard room at Mohokare is called Litema but they also provide some excellent and stylish s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lancashire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed for 3 weeks whilst on business in Lesotho and will definatly return. Friendly staff, good rooms and good food - although limited menu. Slight problems with the water pressure as is the norm in Lesotho. Very poor wireless connection but we were assured that this would be different for the next visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I came for a friend's wedding and was lucky enough to book a room here. The place is very modern, spotlessly clean and the staff go out of their way to be helpful. The day starts with a hearty breakfast of juice, fruit, cereal, yogurt, bacon, eggs, sausage and toast. From there, you can go to town, or lounge about in one of the many comfy spots around the property for guests. Speaking about comfy, I have never slept so soundly before. The bed mattresses are new, terribly comfy and the pillows melt into your body. The restaurant serves great food and the bar is well stocked. The price is far less than what you would pay at one of the city hotels and other guests I spoke with had similar observations to my stay.

The only potential downsides....1) internet access is expensive 2) 15 minute walk uphill to Kingsway Road (the main strip)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

i have never been anywhere in the world before and i went to Lesotho to celerbrate my 50th Birthday, we didn't book anywhere so when we arrived in Maseru i had an idea where we would stay as i had checked on the internet before we left and found Mohokare
pictures looked nice reveiws looked good so that's where we headed for we arrived late met by male reception staff he showed us 2 rooms they looked clean and comfortable,
we took one of the rooms for 7nights with the idea to stay longer had a good nights sleep then on the morning needed a shave, plugged it in it did not work. i then went to have shower the water would come out then it would stop then start and then stop sometimes cold some times to hot i reported this to the lady at breakfast she said she would get a electriction in so i thought this was good service. went out for the day going out on the night. i went back to the room to have a shave still not working i reported this to the woman at breakfast she said their is a problem with the wiring so i asked what was going to happen she said nothing, i also asked if we could change rooms she said no. from that time onwards we did not go for breakfast when i asked who the woman was that served breakfast this is when we found out it was the manager she did not show any compasion towards our problems we were glad to leave.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Mohokare Guest House? Share your experiences!