“HANSONIC HOTEL hotel of thieves and liar , avoid HANSONIC HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Hansonic
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hansonic Road, Accra, Ghana   |
Ranked #47 of 89 Hotels in Accra
Lome, Togo
“HANSONIC HOTEL hotel of thieves and liar , avoid HANSONIC HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hansonic HOTEL offers the best prices on the internet room Although it is true, I 'was there I think is that they are thieves. When you leave your stuff in the room, the room after they dig and steal stuff. as they have stolen my computer and they wanted to refund me, but until now nothing. they are not especially welcoming the receptionist the name of Koffi. Manager NOAH is also a liar, they are thieves. then made ​​attention Hansonic HOTEL in Accra Dansoman junction. This is for all travelers who go to Ghana. HOTEL Hansonic be avoided at all costs. They are organized gangs of thieves. My little friends and I have spent most of our lives unpleasant holiday in October 2013.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Well, there was nothing handsome or supersonic about the Hansonic.
Do not fall for the 4 miles from airport rap on their website, the hotel is located in the Dansoman area which is about an hour away from the airport unless you arrive at 3 am.

I have stayed in budget accommodations before and I usually set the bar at a low threshold – but Hansonic managed to surprise me. It was like a pack of cards, one thing after the other – just kept going wrong.

First the ‘4 mile’ surprise – I was a bit short on time and had to quickly shower, change and attend a meeting. When we were still ‘on the way’ to the hotel, an hour after leaving airport in the sultry weather, I knew this was going to be a long day.

When we finally reached, I was given room No. 1, which I thought must be the VIP one or something – 3 minutes later I found myself stuck in the bathroom.

How? Simple – the door handle inside the bathroom was broken. I had slammed the door in a hurry when I went in, but had to call assistance to get myself out. (picture attached) .Thankfully, I had left my room door unlocked.

The room was basic, the aircon worked fine and there was stable internet as well. The internet doesn’t reach the first floor where the air conditioned rooms are, and I had to go downstairs to use it. Not a big deal in a budget hotel though.

Not that I am keenly following Ghana’s got talent – but the TV didn’t work much either, the reception was pretty bad.

The staff and the restaurant are the two reasons why I would not rate them terrible. The staff is very friendly & helpful and the restaurant is a great place to unwind, they have a bar seating right overlooking the street – where you can see the busy bustle of Accra happen while you sip a beer. Drinks and food are moderately priced, however the availability of beer brands is limited.

The airport pickup was $25, since we were 2 persons, and I was told for one person it is $15 one way.

I understand my review might appear a bit harsh considering this is a cheap hotel and is supposed to be a budget accommodation – but even taking basic dynamics – getting trapped in the bathroom and being stuck with a broken flush is not acceptable.

Also, the 4 miles from the airport claim on their site is in bad taste, purely misleading and false advertising.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the internet connectivity in your room before you check into it - some rooms hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I will say at first that we are backpackers, meaning we're generally happy with lower standards. So what might be a let down to some e.g. no hot water is the normal in Africa for us.

We were fairly satisfied with the Hansonic Hotel. However, in our hurry to find a hotel with low rates, we didn’t fully examine the location of the hotel. Google maps located the hotel in central Accra, near ministries ect. We didn’t question this and booked a room with a bathroom - no hot water but this is normal in budget hotels - and fan for 35c a night (US$18). It was only when we took a taxi to an appointment at the British High Commission in Osu that we realised that the hotel was not in what we would call Accra; we decided that a hotel in Cote D’ivoire may aswell have been in Togo. Exaggerations aside, travel to Central Accra was 45 minutes on a good day including traffic. Even though the hotel was located near an expressway to central Accra, the city’s traffic circulation is a nightmare, meaning a straightforward journey could be quicker on foot.

That said, apart from the hotel’s geographical location, everything else was fantastic for the price we paid! Upon entering our room, the main and only light didn’t work. The manager immediately fetched another one and attached it. He also offered to spray our room with insect repellant, which we kindly declined. The hotel restaurant and bar served tasty food, which was notably well priced. I’ll mention that there was little in area of food around the hotel. Although the website advertised wireless internet, we were told on arrival that it was broken, and that a man was coming to fix it in a number of weeks….However the manager, Noah, let us use his laptop. Our stay in Accra was so short that the journey to and from the town centre wasn’t to much of a hassle – if one was staying for longer I would imagine that it would become irritating very quickly. All in all I would stay there again if I was passing through Accra because as a comfortable place with a bed its great value for money. Accra is somewhere where hotel prices have risen with Ghana’s economic growth but quality has either deteriorated or remained the same. Hotels in central Accra are fairly pricy, and not just the top range places. Mid range places are US$80 plus. We had originally reserved a room at the Rest Inn hotel (apparently mid range) in Osu for US$100, but a few days before we left, we realised we were traveling to Africa and called them up to cancel before booking the Hansonic.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12 - This room was in the rear of the hotel, meaning it was further away from the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
italiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

The hotel is simple but has moskitos net in the windows. It has a goog price. Be carefull to some web operator that sell the room for more. The hotel has wi-fi free.

Room Tip: choose a room far from the noisy way.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Hansonic gives great value for money. With a friendly and very helpful staff, this hotel makes your stay in Accra a good one. The girls and boys at the reception helps with great advice about the city and the country, makes bookings for Hans Cottage and helps in every way. The restaurant serves tasty food and the bar provides the tired traveller with the needed hydration.

For the most travelers coming from countries with high standards on hygiene, clean hotels and expectations of all the comforts of modern hotels, a word of advice is in place here. Hansonic hotel was living up to the local standards and works perfectly if you are not looking for the luxury hotel experience. Hansonic has a great value for money as a hotel with local standards. Don't expect the Western standards on a hotel, but the rooms have everything that is needed and it works perfectly as an overnight stay in this area. Internet connection is available at the reception, which works fine and a WLAN connection that was a bit slow and unreliable.

These guys make the most of what they have and for a traveler with a bit of an adventurous mind, this is the place to stay. The personnel is sympathetic and make you smile during your stay :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Nice Hotel Very Nice rooms and clean and very secure. I loved it and would recommend it for anyone traveling there... I actually stayed there Dec 2009 for my first trip to Ghana

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My partner and I booked for 3 nights at the Hansonic by email, getting a quick response. We'd asked for an airport pickup and a car was waiting, despite our flight arriving more than an hour late.
Our room was fairly clean although there were some cobwebs on the wall above the wardobe. We had a sofa, table and TV, but no fridge. The bathroom was large and clean and towels, soap and loo roll were provided. The room was cleaned each day, and when the staff noticed we had been using sarongs as covers they made the bed up with an extra sheet (most cheaper Ghanaian hotels only provide a bottom sheet as standard).
We arrived on a Sunday and unfortunately, a nearby nightclub meant that we did not get a lot of sleep the first night. This wasn't a problem on the next 2 nights, although there was a lot of noise in the early evenings with loud chanting coming from somewhere close to the hotel.
The hotel has a good bar/restaurant with an outside terrace facing the road. Lunch and dinner options were reasonably priced, but I thought breakfast was a bit expensive for what you got. We did not find any other restaurants nearby, although there are several nice bars.
The hotel is a fair distance out of town, but you can easily get a 'trotro' (minibus) on the main road just a few mins walk away. The helpful staff will advise you, and there is a good map of the city at reception. Internet is also available and you can use the PC in the reception area free if you are staying there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Hansonic? Share your experiences!