“Pizza the best in Ghana” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 170 Restaurants in Accra
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pizza the best in Ghana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We've been trying all the so-called pizza spots in Ghana for the last 5 years and hands down this place has the best pizza. Its not Out-of-this-world, but compared to the crap they call pizza elsewhere, this one is a winner. I've eaten there about 6 times, and each time I find new things that I like. The bread is shipped frozen from France and baked there and you can really tell the difference between their bread and the bread they sell anywhere else in Ghana. I go out of my way to buy my sliced white bread and baguettes from them weekly. We've not tried any of the sandwiches because while the bread is from France, I'm not really sure where the fillings come from, so I've not been bold enough to try that yet. My husband loves the coconut custard pie and the chocolate one was pretty good too. We've had various pastries, donuts and muffins and all were really above Ghana's average find. The prices are a little high, and I wish the atmosphere was a little better, but all n all definitely worth the trip. On another note, I've read other comments about the poor service and unfriendly staff and I can say that unfortunately this is EVERYWHERE in Accra. Sadly most places I go, I feel like I'm disturbing the worker if I ask them to do their job. This place is no better, no worse...so don't let that be a deterrent.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grants Pass, Oregon
“Very good food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a perfect place for a lunch. The prices are reasonable and the food is always very good. Breakfast is also good.

Visited January 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Poor service, poor attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The local staff at this cafe were rude and disinterested. Very poor attitudes and very poor service. Went there once and never went back!

Visited February 2014
Accra, Ghana
“Coffee Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Good quality coffee shop, price slightly above average. Good selection of pastries and breads. Good atmosphere

Visited December 2013
Arusha, Tanzania
“Good croissant, not so great coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The pastries and bread - very good! The coffee - weak, poor flavor. The ordering system and subsequent service leave much to be desired - ashtrays uncleared at tables, chaos and crammed line at counter to order.