“The Worst Hotel I have ever been!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Attractions in Accra
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Lagos, Nigeria
39 attraction reviews
“The Worst Hotel I have ever been!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed. December 2006, We booked on line and the pictures looked fantastic, let me tell you my experience...

We booked to stay here with 4 other families but we got in first, the first sign of trouble was the airport transfer vehicle it was old and did not even have air conditioning and Ghana in December is quite hot.

Ok we proceeded at this point I was already regretting having paid in full for 5 nights in advance. On getting to the hotel it looked dusty, the Joel staff did not look prepared at all. We we were showed to our rooms which far away in a block that looked unused. The rooms had no carpeting and it had 14 inch television that was not working, it took them over 2 hours to make it start. My MacBook Pro screen was bigger than the tv and it was hanging high up to make it worse.

In the morning the rooms had no running hot water and this had to brought to us in dirty buckets, we could hardly bathe with it, had to order bottled water to brush.

On getting to the reception, I asked to see the GM and asked for a refund and was told I had to go back to the travel agent to collect a refund, so i said no problem then I proceeded to reception to tell everyone checking in how bad the hotel is that they should not bother to Stay here. After I dissuaded enough people he calmly called me into the office and gave me my full refund. I stayed here only for one night.

I eventually called Labadi Beach Hotel, which was my first choice but they had no rooms online, asking for rooms and they confirmed 4 rooms for us, and came to us with 2 brand new Mercedes Benz buses (much unlike the crappy buses the day before) and my party moved there. And we knew we were in for a good time. This was 1000 times better and I will put up that review.

Visited February 2011

Accra
5 attraction reviews
“POOR sanitaion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Th e sanitation needs more improvement.............................................

Abuja
6 attraction reviews
“Good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Its nature at its best. It was a wonderful experience for my family. Its a must visit for anyone who happens to visit Ghana.

Visited January 2012
primorska
“not so clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

What 2 say just look at pictures. In fact it can be pretty, but the fact is that it's too dirty. As I already saw it's better to go to Cape Coast beach or in Busua.

Visited August 2010
usa
“Relaxing get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

I love this beach! My first time to Ghana 3/2008. My first night I arrived in Ghana, I was taken to this beach and the hotel. When I walked out to the beach, a local man was standing on a rock in the water practicing his singing. At the hotel we had a few drinks, and ordered pizza, all of which was wonderful. All of the staff was so friendly and wanted to make sure your needs were met. I was not a guest of the hotel, but frequently visited for the pool, bar, and food. There is also live music for holidays. Wonderful place to lay by the pool, and relax.