“Heaven, just off the town beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Labadi Beach Hotel

You added Labadi Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Labadi Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Labadi By-Pass | Labadi Beach Hotel, Trade Fair, Accra, Ghana   |
Ranked #2 of 91 Hotels in Accra
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven, just off the town beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I escaped the persistent salesmen of the town beach - I would have paid almost anything to escape - and found this oasis of calm, excellent service, cleanliness, and general loveliness which charged me $20 for day-membership and provided a really pleasurable experience; excellent value!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

my family and I felt at home from the moment we arrived until our departure. we were greeted by very friendly staff and the rooms were excellent. Loved the cultural decor!! the meals were the highlight of my day! and I think most of the other guests would agree, as evidenced by the crowds at the buffet stations! the management was prompt to respond to our requests and we very much appreciated the very clean and relaxing environment. I would certainly return to Labadi Beach any time I am in Ghana

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Loved my stay at Labadi beach Hotel. My room was exceptionally clean. Staff was so welcoming and courteous and this made me feel so at home. The food was fantastic...especially breakfast. Climax of my breakfast was the fresh juice that consisted of delicious beet roots, pineapples and apples. I will defiantly book my stay with labadi if I am ever in Accra. Kudos to management and staff for making my stay a memorable one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just got back from Labadi early this morning. The hotel was worth all the hassles experienced at all the borders from Nigeria to Ghana. Felt like having a real vacation hence the choice to drive.
The hotel is everything and more of what you expect - serenity, neatness, courteous service and safety.
Already decided i will visit again during the Easter holiday though I definitely would not drive - the extortion at the borders doesn't just go well with me.

All these said, I would have rated it a full five except for the parking issues sometimes experienced.

Room Tip: Stayed in two different rooms in two different block and the only difference i noticed is the view f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Lovely hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Not elegant, but sufficient rooms and beach was pleasant enough. Best apart was the buffet breakfast. Really excellent. Almost worth the stay just for that. Apparently the hotel is popular with locals too for weddings, etc. I'd stay there again.

Lumberton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I love labadi!! This is a world class hotel with breaththtaking views. Rooms are very clean even the bath tub is spotless. I went for a night out, came back slept was very shocked to realize it was 10 am when I woke up. Peaceful hassle free sleep. They serve breakfast which you have to make a point not to miss. My only problem was the breakfast waiters are slow to get drinks. But the floor managers are ever present so if you ask them they make sure you are promptly served. We also had christmas lunch which was also good. Their tiramisu is a must have and also the Njeru platter. 3 pools with a private beach. Ocean is rough so it is best to swim in the pool.

Room Tip: If you like to be in the action choose the newer rooms. I chose the older section because when I sle...
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I work in the luxury hospitality industry in Dubai and whenever I go to certain places in Africa, I try to manage my expectation even before my stay. Staying at Labadi completely made me change my mind.

We were attending a family wedding in Accra with a huge group and I expected that check in and everything will be chaotic, but I was very impressed with the way the entire staff managed the group. From the welcome experience right at the Lobby , check in, and the front office desk supervisor and agents were soo friendly and very helpful. The rooms were well appointed, clean and spacious and I particularly liked the bathrooms and the subtle African touch here and there. Nothing was too much for the staff to do and they were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and just about right. We had dinner on one of the days and enjoyed the dinner served with game meat.. it was really exotic.

The only recommendation, I would like to pass across is to try and make the beach exclusive and not open, Its only fair that you have exclusive beach access with the amount one pays for the hotel.
Thanks so much to everyone who made our Accra experience great. I would definitely recommend the hotel and will return if my travels bring me back to Accra.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Labadi Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!