“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Teshie-Nungua Estate, Accra 233302, Ghana   |
Ranked #12 of 146 Accra B&B and Inns
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my second time at Sheridan Hotel. I was lodged in their new wing and I had a very pleasant time there. I particularly like the fact that I get free access to the Internet, a service which some other hotels around the world charge for. Friendly and help staff too. Although I rated the location average, it's merely because Spintex Road can get somewhat busy at peak times. I would have rated the location good if i had that option available. Nevertheless, getting to town and back was relatively easy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Alveley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My father and I stayed here for approximately 3 days in November 2012 at the start of our holiday in Ghana. We had arranged airport pickup which was free. This went smoothly and Frank met us at the airport as requested, which saved us a lot of hassle. This hotel is situated in a quiet street, just off Spintex Road so it is within walking distance to restaurants and transport links. The hotel has lovely gardens. The rooms were clean and spacious, good air conditioning, good breakfast, accommodating staff and overall a good price. This hotel does not have a swimming pool, which is common for hotels within Ghana however Dr Eugene Lartey (the owner) stated that he is hoping to have one in the future as they have the space to accommodate one,
Overall, this hotel is good value for money and I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
wigan gt man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

wow after reading the last review im a bit flumoxed to say the least , i stayed here for 3 nights from the 29th of jan to the 1st of feb then traveled to big millys in kokrobite
my husband arrived earlier in the day and was picked up by frank the hotels security guy who was very friendly and helpful , yes my husband paid the driver i think about 15 pounds , we received the 10 percent discount infact we didnt know of it and were told when we checked in , the rooms are lovely spacious and cool great ac and lovely bathroom , the breakfast was ok think the chef needs a few small lessons in european cooking just small things like toasting the bread and warming up baked beans instead of serving straight from the fridge, there local food was wonderful i had jollof rice with chicken my husband had it with goat meat very tasty and not to hot for my taste even my hubby enjoyed and hes nigerian , the staff were friendly and helpful rooms were cleaned daily , we liked it so much we booked 2 extra nights at the end of our holiday on the 11th and 12th of february for the size of the rooms the facilities we thought it was more than a reasonable price and will recomend it and be going back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lagos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went to Sheridan hotel today after making a reservation weeks before. I confirmed that they would accept my 10% coupon and had free airport drop off over the phone. Free airport drop off and pick up was also mentioned on their website and on their signage outside the hotel. When I got there, I was told the 10% discount would only apply if I stay for 5 nights at least, this is nowhere on the coupon but I was okay to leave without the discount. The worst part came when I was told I would not be dropped off at the airport but would have to pay for a taxi they could call for me. The excuse was the same, I had to stay 5 nights to warrant free airport drop off. Nowhere on their website or on their hotel signage does it mention anything about these exceptions. I am very disappointed with the owner and believe he was very dishonest. I took the moral ground and refused to stay at the hotel. (I found myself a much more comfortable and honest establishment on Spintex road, Paloma hotel, check it out..opened 3 months ago. Nice, friendly and honest staff, free complimentary buffet breakfast, free wifi and free airport drop off). My advise is if you plan to stay at Sheridan and need free airport pick up and drop off, plan to stay at least 5 nights. In all my many hotel stays in Accra, I have never experience such dishonesty....shame on you Sheridan Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My friend and I paid a decent price for an 11 night stay here and we were given a really nice large living room space, which we weren't expecting. We had 2 tvs, 2 fridges (1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room), microwave and toaster. The rooms were air conditioned.

Room: We stayed in the 'old' part of the hotel, and while the decor does look quite dated, it was comfortable and pleasant. There is a generator so lights are never out for more than a couple of minutes if there is a power cut. The best thing about our room was that we did not see one mosquito in there for the entire time we stayed. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly, daily.
I don't usually watch tv when I go on holiday, but I was able to keep up with the football scores here, which was great.

Staff: The staff were all very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our needs (ie. going to buy credit for us or buying us orange juice when we requested it). They also helped us to arrange transport when we went to Cape Coast (with less than 24 hours notice) and gave us advice on places to visit and how to get there. As it is a small hotel, we got to speak to the owners directly and they were really welcoming. It's more of a homely atmosphere than that of a hotel. Frank, at the front desk deserves a pay rise- he works very hard.

Location: The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Spintex Road, from which you can get a taxi or tro tro, but they can call a taxi for you at the front desk if you don't want to walk.

Food: I'm a pescetarian and could eat the breakfast provided (apart from the sausage). My friend and I often woke up late and we were never denied breakfast after a certain time.

We also had an airport shuttle (to and from the airport), which was very useful.

I would recommend this hotel and if ever I visit Accra again I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my second experience in Sheridan Hotel, my first stay here was in 2011, when l came alone on a vacation ---- to rest. The friendly atmostphere l experienced made me chose to vacation here again in 2012 when l visited with my wife for a week. The hotel is situate in a serene estate away from the hustle and bustle of the city. More important to me is the fact that it is located a walking distance to a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The rooms are clean and tastefully furnished, and stands heads and shoulders higher than most hotels within the city.The room rates are also affordable. The free internet access helps me stay in touch although far away from my home country.

The staff are friendly and attend to our needs promptly and to the best of their ability. Decent food is also available and this at a resonable cost.

We did enjoy our stay and will not hesitate to recommend sheridan hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at Sheridan for a week with my wife during the christmas holiday. The staff are very curteous, receptive and the whole ambience of the hotel was very very homey with a very lovely garden. It truely was a home away from home. Clean rooms, beautiful garden, secured environment. We loved our stay here and will definitely come back again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheridan Hotel? Share your experiences!