“11 nights from Dec 2012- Jan 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheridan Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Accra
Sheridan Hotel
You added Sheridan Hotel to your Saves list
Teshie-Nungua Estate, Accra 233302, Ghana   |
Ranked #21 of 169 Accra B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“11 nights from Dec 2012- Jan 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My friend and I paid a decent price for an 11 night stay here and we were given a really nice large living room space, which we weren't expecting. We had 2 tvs, 2 fridges (1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room), microwave and toaster. The rooms were air conditioned.

Room: We stayed in the 'old' part of the hotel, and while the decor does look quite dated, it was comfortable and pleasant. There is a generator so lights are never out for more than a couple of minutes if there is a power cut. The best thing about our room was that we did not see one mosquito in there for the entire time we stayed. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly, daily.
I don't usually watch tv when I go on holiday, but I was able to keep up with the football scores here, which was great.

Staff: The staff were all very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our needs (ie. going to buy credit for us or buying us orange juice when we requested it). They also helped us to arrange transport when we went to Cape Coast (with less than 24 hours notice) and gave us advice on places to visit and how to get there. As it is a small hotel, we got to speak to the owners directly and they were really welcoming. It's more of a homely atmosphere than that of a hotel. Frank, at the front desk deserves a pay rise- he works very hard.

Location: The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Spintex Road, from which you can get a taxi or tro tro, but they can call a taxi for you at the front desk if you don't want to walk.

Food: I'm a pescetarian and could eat the breakfast provided (apart from the sausage). My friend and I often woke up late and we were never denied breakfast after a certain time.

We also had an airport shuttle (to and from the airport), which was very useful.

I would recommend this hotel and if ever I visit Accra again I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my second experience in Sheridan Hotel, my first stay here was in 2011, when l came alone on a vacation ---- to rest. The friendly atmostphere l experienced made me chose to vacation here again in 2012 when l visited with my wife for a week. The hotel is situate in a serene estate away from the hustle and bustle of the city. More important to me is the fact that it is located a walking distance to a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The rooms are clean and tastefully furnished, and stands heads and shoulders higher than most hotels within the city.The room rates are also affordable. The free internet access helps me stay in touch although far away from my home country.

The staff are friendly and attend to our needs promptly and to the best of their ability. Decent food is also available and this at a resonable cost.

We did enjoy our stay and will not hesitate to recommend sheridan hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at Sheridan for a week with my wife during the christmas holiday. The staff are very curteous, receptive and the whole ambience of the hotel was very very homey with a very lovely garden. It truely was a home away from home. Clean rooms, beautiful garden, secured environment. We loved our stay here and will definitely come back again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My experience with Sheridan Hotel started right from the airport where a shuttle was waiting to pick me to the hotel. It reduced the stress of looking for a cab by myself.
I stayed for about two weeks and I totally enjoyed my stay.
The Hotel is located in a quiet environment away from the noise of central Accra. The rooms and environment were clean, there was a constant supply of hot water, internet and cable TV was available all day, plus the food was excellent and well priced.
Breakfast was always enjoyed leisurely as it was served on the balcony with a lovely view of the beautiful garden.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.
The best part of it was the homely feel the hotel and the services rendered had to it.
I will definitely stay here again whenever I'm in Accra and I do recommend it for anyone planning to stay in Accra.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed there with my son (4) for about three and we enjoyed everything very much. The rooms are clean, nice and comfortable. There is internet access, hot and cold water in the bath room, a fitness center, and a restaurant with decent food. It also has a lovely garden.
Of course, Spintex is a little bit outside the center of Accra, but you can find shops, banks, and other facilities near the hotel. In addition, the area is safe and quiet.
What we enjoyed most was the friendlyness and helpfulness of the Sheridan-staff. Natalia, her husband, and all the others made sure that we didn't miss anything.
If you want a good value for your money, than Sheridan is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My sister and I only spent two days at this family run hotel. I really loved the colourful garden and balcony and took many gorgeous photographs. The staff were helpful and the Management were very knowledgeable and friendly.There is a gym, internet and cable TV.
We had to wait 2 hours for lunch on one occasion so I hope the kitchen staff speed up with the cooking in the future.
An extra bonus for choosing this hotel is the free shuttle service to the Airport and they even arranged our transportation to arrive early in the morning to take us back to the Airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here on three different occassions for month long stays. It becomes a home away from home with the friendly owners and staff. We have sampled many hotels in Accra area and this is by far value for your money.

It is secure and well maintained. We have never had an issue with anything. If any problem occurs they will be quick to fix it.

It is off the Spintex Road so it is a straight run to the Accra Mall for shopping, dining or theatre. The staff are knowledgeable about the area's tourist interests and transportation.

We enjoyed our quiet leisurely breakfasts served out on the balcony. Other meals are available upon request. Internet and cable TV are always available.

We are looking forward to our next trip to the Sheridan Hotel in the near future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple