“A Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 154 Accra B&B and Inns
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited the Aknac hotel with my husband and children, it was our first trip to Ghana and it was an amazing experience. The staff at the Aknac hotel were very professional, helpful and attentive to our needs. The hotel is beautifully decorated; it has a luxurious, modern feel. The service is impeccable, very swift and nothing is too much trouble. We enjoyed the food, my kids loved the pool, and the staff were always helpful in helping us decide where to visit; they were very knowledgable. The management team go out of their way to personally check that all is well and their personable approach is so natural and genuine you can't help but feel like you have always known them. I cannot fault my stay at the Aknac. I would definitely recommend this hotel for all types of travellers and will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is perhaps one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. It made Fawlty Towers look like a 5 star establishment. After checking in and dropping off my belongings in the room, my family and I headed downstairs for lunch in the restaurant. When I got back to my room I realised that my Bose headphones , Kindle and i pod were missing. Someone had come into the room and taken it. I alerted the staff immediately. They reluctantly arranged for a police man, a friend of the duty manager , to call over the next morning. He refused to take a statement and said he would investigate. We left and checked into another hotel. After countless phone calls and e mails we returned to the hotel 4 days later with a detective from East Legon police station. She said no investigation had taken place and gave the manager a severe dressing down. Bad enough that your stuff gets stolen but the fact that the hotel management refused to believe anything had happened,to preserve the hotels reputation, made things much worse. The UK owner's daughter acts as the general manager but is very inexperienced and ineffectual with a disdainful attitude. Guests take second place here.We complained earlier that day when someone entered the room without knocking with their own key while we were resting. All to no avail. Big mistake staying there.

The Aknac is badly situated down a back alley beside the Accra Tema motorway . Unfortunately it can't be crossed so access to Accra is via one road through the Trassaco valley which can take 90 minutes or longer in a taxi to get anywhere.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

On paper this looks like a high end and luxurious place, with its impressive lobby and decor. However 'all that glitters is not gold'. When I got to my room I found that there were hairs and the smell of perfume in the bed . When I entered the bathroom there was only one towel and half used toiletries. Someone seemed to have gone for a crafty nap and a shower and God knows what else. I brought this to the attention to General Manager however she remained silent on the issue. On closer inspection the hotel was not finished to high standard. One cleaner, even entered the my room unannounced while I was getting changed. The were scuff marks all over the walls and the furnishings had a cheap and tacky feel to them. In the bathroom they had covered the water heater with painted cardboard. The food was average when it eventually came. It took the kitchen an hour and half to bring me a club sandwich and bowl of soup for dinner. Whoever gave the Aknac hotel their 4 star rating had a vivid imagination

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel thoroughly enjoy myself, room was very nice and the overall hotel appearance was beautiful. The staff were very polite and all orders were received very quickly. This is without a doubt one of my favourite hotels, I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting accra as the organisation of getting a taxi was very swift at the Aknac whereas in other places was very long. The food was delicious, pool was very relaxing and there is a range of excellent music depending on the time of dsy. Excellent hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel in under lots of maintenance elevator not working. Staff is willing to help, but dont have experience of service. this hotel is badly made from builder.
Beds are hard and not comforter to sleep on. I made booking of Skoosh for junior suet be when i show up there was only standard room. hotel did not get any notification in advance about my arrival. Made the first hours and arriving at the hotel very uncomfortable. I do not recommend this hotel or this Booking company (SKOOSH)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say I was proved very wrong. I was really apprehensive about going to Ghana as I had never been to Africa let alone Ghana. Well my views have completely changed. I had not had the greatest of flights so was really worried about the hotel. On arrival the welcome was very courteous and welcoming which to be honest I didn't deserve as I wasn't the most pleasant to deal with, but the young lady kept her composure and was very nice all the same. I was then shown to my room and well I felt so relieved (see picture) the room was amazing and as for the bed I slept like a baby it was so comfortable. The room was so light and airy decor wise and very minimalist which is what I love. The room was very clean and the shower lovely. The food was very very nice especially the fish. I stayed for 2 nights really wish I had stayed longer. Going to rebook for the new year. I would like to thank all staff for your hospitality and fabulous service. Looking forward to coming back in the new year hopefully in the same room. : )

• Stayed August 2013
Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Spent 2nts here in June while visiting Accra on a business trip.

The location of this hotel is awful if your meetings are in downtown Accra. It took us 1-2hrs to get there, and one evening close to 3hrs to get back.

Service is OK, rooms are OK, and food is OK.

On checking out, i had an issue with them "declining" my UK Credit Card, although i called my UK card provider, and they said that the payment had gone through.

However, that being said, their Director of Operations, Ama Adusei, took care of the issues after i left, and emailed me that everything was taken care off....so that was a good thing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Aknac Hotel? Share your experiences!