“Feel at Home from Day 1.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bedua Home Suites

Bedua Home Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Accra
Bedua Home Suites
You added Bedua Home Suites to your Saves list
NO 58 Genesis Estates at Mariville, Accra GH, Ghana   |
Ranked #2 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Accra
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Feel at Home from Day 1.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have given Bedua Suites an Excellent Rating!! I am usually very critical of lodging accommodations, but this place did exceed my expectations, based on price and quality.

Background: I am an American graduate student who was traveling to Ghana to do some Education consulting work with a start-up company in East Legon for two and half months. I had only been to Africa (Senegal) once before on a short school-organized tour -- so I was a little unsure if I would be able to endure my 10 week term and skeptical on other accommodations.

However, I have to say that my stay at Bedua Suites removed those apprehensive thoughts upon arrival. I was actually picked up by the Owner (Mr. Kobi) and his daughter who greeted me with such warmth that I came to find innate to most of the Ghanians I met during my stay.

Just pulling up to the home, I knew that I could stay here in comfort and ease. Being from Florida, Bedua Suites reminded me of the numerous planned communities for large estate homes that I was so accustom to seeing in the suburbs of the U.S. As you can see from the pictures online, the property has a large open feel and the bedrooms each have their own attached full bath giving you the privacy you want/need. The living/dining room area is also spacious and comfortable, lending itself as a great space for excellent conversation and consumption of good local foods. I was also happy to see A/C units in each bedroom and a back-up generator just in case there was an interruption in power.

Besides the overall rating, the other sub-categories each received the highest mark available. I almost reduced location to very good, but must blame the long commutes on the government and not the property itself. It takes you a long time to get almost anywhere in Accra due to traffic congestion and ongoing construction – so plan your trips/outings accordingly. But, I still feel that the location was great for me. I even walked to the junction to catch the local bus (tro-tro) to the Accra Mall and taxis were also abundant. Overall, Value was the biggest draw. The rates at Bedua give you more value for your money and perfect for short-term or long-term stays. As a graduate student it was very affordable. I had several colleagues stay in Osu (downtown area) and spent most of their earnings in lodging costs.

I definitely plan to return to Ghana to do more consulting work in the future and plan to reserve my stay (well in advance) at Bedua Suites.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hmnnnn what shall i say here? Ok, let me say i was glad i found BeduaHomes through Google who told me the naked truth about a setting that fit my ideas:

And by the time we started talking with the owner: simply known as Mr Kobi, my instinct told me this guys is cool: and so his house should be cooler:

My plane touched down at Kotoka Airport, Accra, one early Monday, morning. And Mr Kobi kept his word to be there to pick us up.

He took us to our Workshop Venue and later drove away with our luggage in his Mini-Van. Later in the day he was there to pick us up to amaze us with a cool palace called BeduaHomes.

I will relish the memory of Accra, Ghana. But i will forever recall the ambience and zest of Mr Kobi. He derive joy in planting smiles in total strangers.

Being a poet and creative writer, BeduaHomes kept a promise that rhymes with my musing mind. I could hear late at night, the chirping of imaginary birds; i could almost swear that my heart beat could capture the free flow of a paradise waterfall.

BeduaHomes gave me and us more reasons to look forward to return flight to Ghana; of course with few bucks.

I need not say much about the clean sheets: because writers are more concerned with the ambience of their caves.

Room Tip: choose the double bed room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Staying at Bedua Home Suites was just what a travelling student like me needed! The house was large and spacious with nice, clean bathrooms and toilets and a very neat and tidy kitchen. The kitchen also came equipped with pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, fridge, microwave, etc. so I did not need to get my own. Although the location is not far from the town, the traffic makes it seem like miles away. This was however not much of a problem because me, together with my mates were transported to vantage points in a nice air-conditioned mini van where we could easily continue our journeys to wherever we were going. We had our sheets and towels changed regularly and there was always someone available for laundry! Overall, it was like living in a hotel just more homey, comfy and AFFORDABLE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bedua Home Suites? Share your experiences!